Aapl

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by IzzyfoShizzy, Feb 22, 2008.

1. volcanik

volcanik

sounds like a movie

#31     Feb 29, 2008
  2. AAPL down pretty nice today, good timing with your bullish call there oh wise one :D

#32     Feb 29, 2008
  3. i went bearish on apple in the 150s during mid jan. holding a growth stock that may have to slash prices to move product with a recession on a horizon is not good.

the question is what will their stock price be in 3 years. i would assume ipods will be in the mature part of its product cycle. iphone's could gain momentum. will pc sales drop? can macs keep gaining market share?

its possible the stock drops under 100 before it goes up, and very possible that 170 isn't seen within the next 3 years.

#33     Mar 1, 2008
  4. I'm not saying this for shock value, but I honestly believe Apple is likely to return to year ago levels. There is just no catalyst moving it.

The iPhone is an unknown quantity right now, and I think common sense is telling the world it is likely to not be the catalyst that the iPod was.

There was very little of anything truly new or exciting at Macworld.

Unless the iPhone rapidly picks up a head of steam, I would not at all be the least bit surprised to see Apple break down below the 100 support level, and then it could be a fast drop to 80 from there.

#34     Mar 1, 2008
  5. AAPL is done for years, GOOG is next. Institutional liquidation.

#35     Mar 1, 2008
  6. bat1

bat1

everything AAPL has is old news i,e.... iphone,mac's
    they have nothing going for them right now

there slim laptops are a joke to many problems
    too.........

SELL!

in this market

tech is dead period!

#36     Mar 1, 2008
  7. I have to disagree here from a technical side. Apple should see 136 before it makes any new low, and it will most likely make it to 140. You had to expect some profit taking after the move in had a couple of days ago.

#37     Mar 1, 2008
  8. This is what I am talking about on a P&F chart. Normally when a stock beats a previous pivot point(coming off a series of lower lows and lower highs) it will at least test the next highest pivot which would be 136. This is what is known as a bearish signal reversed.

• aapl.png
      File size:
      23.5 KB
      Views:
    #38     Mar 1, 2008
  9. Hope you're right, it'll be a good short from there.

addendum: Interesting to see someone here using P&F charts, they're quite useful in cutting to the chase.

#39     Mar 1, 2008
  10. It would be a better short obviously at 144 as it would be also coming off its downward trend line. Now if it can make it to 146 then you can be pretty sure it will see 162-164. I just love P&F charts. You really get to see an enormous amount of information on one chart and the true struggles between supply and demand.

#40     Mar 1, 2008