Aapl

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Spectre2007, Jan 20, 2008.

1. vikasd

vikasd

CAPM is way too simplistic for valuing a stock. In fact, I never saw that model used outside of a few classes I took a decade ago.

Stick with multiples.

Even in a recessionary environment, companies have earnings. How much would you pay for those earnings?

In a recessionary environment, growth comes at a premium. When everybody is growing at 50% YOY ; you have alternatives, but in a slow environment you don't see that sort of growth everywhere and woudl likely pay more for it. That is my bullish case for apple.

#11     Jan 20, 2008
  2. dsq

dsq

aapl thrived off ipod,itunes and iphones...what new do they have going forward?the hype is over i think....earnings on tuesday,i think it gets wacked...that is the history of appl stock.

#12     Jan 21, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

AAPL offered nothing great at CES, if you think a thin notebook is going to drive AAPL to new highs your crazy, sony released the x505 back in 2004, measured 0.8 and its thickest and 0.38 at the thinnest.
    The hype is over, ipod was at the time the newest technology out there that drove AAPL to where it is today, the halo effect has worked extremely well for AAPL. These last 5-7 years have been great for apple. I think its going to get a little more tough for AAPL to keep its stock up where it is, I would be a seller, I see it dropping back to 125 a share. This earnings report is going to rely on mac sales and iphone, anything showing a slowdown in either of these categories will take AAPL stock down 10-15%.

#13     Jan 21, 2008
  4. I hope they can a continued ass pounding after the bell on earnings.

I'm not playing it. The media will be pumping this shit all day.

#14     Jan 22, 2008
  5. But Cramer said its a four horsemen and will never fall.:D

#15     Jan 22, 2008
  6. Thank God stockTurder decided to hold it. Lot's of upside here.:D

#16     Jan 22, 2008
  7. It did not look pretty when I posted above.

Now, now it looks like shit.

Anek

#17     Jan 22, 2008
  8. Same shit as INTC. Down we go.

#18     Jan 22, 2008
  9. has anyone been able to catch an afterhours moves like AAPL's at the very beginning of the move as soon as it started to fall?

it seems to be always too fast to catch it as it starts

#19     Jan 22, 2008
  10. Man, they are ripping this back to reality along with other tech.....

#20     Jan 23, 2008