AAPL will be a $300 stock

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by riddler, Aug 28, 2009.

1. riddler

riddler

the consumer is still retrenching but AAPL. like GOOG,is a revolution. its a way of life, a way of thinking,a philosophy. think about it.
    they just do everything right and have the coolest product. yeah,we can talk about the Envy and thChocolate or whatever the heck they are called but AAPL is truely in a league of their own.
    RIMM is a one trick pony with no halo effect but i do like them. just not as much as AAPL. from computer systems to gadgets,they have the coolest most enticing stuff. you just cannot go against them. ever look at an AAPL and then a microsoft operating system,how boring does microsoft seem!

2. What is your timeframe for appl expected $300

3. i agree on appl, im such an apple bull that its sick

i think by next near itll be 300+

4. kashirin

kashirin

AAPL can definitely cost $300 or even $1000.
    But your excitement about so called coolest stuff blinds you

so how is the coolest stuff helps me to make money?
    is IB TWS very different from PC and having the coolest overpriced PC helps me earn more

will corporations buy Mac for their employees because it's cool?
    even despite reliability is so-so?

I prefer small phone, not the coolest phone
    I don't play games on my phone.

I don't care if operating system is boring. I just need my application. I don't care even if there is OS at all

Most consumers will still prefer simplicity and reliability and need the cheapest solution
    and don't care how cool it is

leave coolest for teenagers
    btw, how old are you?

5. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

You used coolest twice....

EF

6. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

What juice is left in the tank to propel AAPL higher? They have already introduced the iPhone... This tablet thing sounds interesting, but why do I need it? I don;t really see any substantial new developments or catalysts, just improvements on existing ideas.

Also, Keep in mind you are currently paying a 30x multiple for a stock that is projected to grow at 16% for the next year. You are paying up for slightly above market growth. If the analysts estimates of $6.79 for 2010 are anywhere in the ballpark, then a $300 price target means AAPL's multiple will need to expand to 44x, or almost 50%.

Seems unlikely to me, but I don't claim to know the future.

7. Apple will unveil this:

<div><object width="420" height="339"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2lmtv_iphone-nano-next-generation-iphone_fun" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2lmtv_iphone-nano-next-generation-iphone_fun" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="339" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2lmtv_iphone-nano-next-generation-iphone_fun">iPhone Nano - next generation iPhone by Apple</a></b><br /><i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/pixies-hey">pixies-hey</a></i></div>

8. ratamiss

ratamiss

I think this a truley flawed logic, if your theory was correct people would buy the cheapest mp3 players and only buy the cars that got the best consumer reports rating. This simply isnt the case, as someone who worked in corporate IT for many years I can also tell you that corporations are slowing integrating macs into there business, they got in through the art department and now everyone wants them and IT is warming up to them because of the reduced overheard and administrative time. This will be a big growth market in the next few years(especially if windows 7 blows as bad as vista), In addition Apple's presence in the higher education market is growing hand over fist, this is creating long term dedicated customers.

Looking beyond that, you need to consider that apple is not comparable to a company like Dell or HP, who are in effect commodity companies. Apple is a lifestyle company with a very dedicated consumer base that just keeps growing.

Apple is rumored to be having a special media event on sept 9, if they release a new product, expect aapl to hit $200+