AAPL vs HTC

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by SCI new york, May 12, 2010.

1. Google wants the trade commission to halt iphone, ipad, and ipod sales because of patent infringement, but if im not mistaken hasn't apple had its product line out all well before HTC even began (outside of the ipad)? am I missing something? I think its all bs

2. HTC Corp. on Wednesday filed a complaint with the International Trade Commission to stop the importation and sale of Apple's iPhone, iPad and iPod in the United States, the Taiwanese mobile phone company said. "We are taking this action against Apple to protect our intellectual property, our industry partners, and most importantly our customers that use HTC phones," said Jason Mackenzie, vice president of HTC's North American unit, in a statement. HTC also claimed that it introduced the Windows Mobile PocketPC Phone Edition in 2002 and the Android smartphone in 2008. Apple filed a similar suit against HTC in early March.

3. i know the suit, but my point is how is it warranted? they won't even disclose the nature of the patents. just seems like a lot of bs on google's part.

4. I'm not sure what part you think is BS? Google/HTC have patents, and they've chosen to enforce them against Apple.

While I don't have the complaint in front of me, the asserted patent numbers are obviously disclosed at the beginning of the proceeding.

5. Report: 10 million CDMA iPhones on order
    via Boy Genius Report by Michael Bettiol on 5/13/10

DigiTimes has released a pretty interesting report this morning, one that would have us believe that Apple has just placed an order for a whole whack of CDMA iPhones. The CDMA iPhone is to be built by Pegatron — a subsidiary of ASUStek — and the company is expected to deliver up to 10 million devices per year. Naturally, both Pegatron and Apple have declined to comment, but it’s pretty interesting that this rumor closely mirrors what the WSJ recently reported. Factor in that just two days ago we discovered that Verizon is working on an iPhone advertising blitz targeted for the end of summer and we’d say these CDMA iPhone rumors are getting really, really hard to ignore.
    Read

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheBoyGeniusReport/~3/GDBvW0PGniM/