AAPL trading wildly the last few mins!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Feb 10, 2011.

1. The best part? If the country were a major holder in apple we could even make it sweeter, any company named after produce gets a tax break...its patriotic to support our agriculture

#11     Feb 10, 2011
  2. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

You need to have a few more posts. I think your monthly avg is down,.

Ef

#12     Feb 10, 2011
  3. It sure looked like Flash Crash II. AAPL dropped $10 in 10 minutes. Is it a good buy opp? It depends on your catching price. When it dropped from 358 to 355 was it a good buy? It wasn't because the low was 348 (long term Resistance turned Support). Now 353.

This time the difference is only AAPL moved. SPY AMZN and others did not sure the same fate. That gave me a clue it wasn't a "crash".

#13     Feb 10, 2011
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Amazes me that someone who has an Iphone 4 for att was going to switch over to a new iphone 4 for verizon...I guess that fool will run out this summer when verizon comes out with the new iphone 5...Amazing how quick people are to run out and but a new phone when the one they have is only months old.

Analysts took note of the smaller crowds. "It is cold out but it's a surprise that there's not many people showing up for the launch," said BTIG analyst Walter Piecyk, who had visited stores across New York. "They had Verizon store clerks prepared for the masses and the masses just weren't there."

Jim Liu, 25, was sixth in line an hour before doors opened at 7 a.m. at the Verizon Wireless store in Bryant Park, New York. Liu joined eight others on a line that started at 3 a.m. "I have the AT&T iPhone 4 but I've really had it with the service," he said.

The Doors Open

Shortly after doors opened, about 25 devices were sold at the New York location, a spokesman said.

#14     Feb 10, 2011
  5. S2007S

S2007S

It wasnt because the low was $348?

You can only say that after the fact that the low was made.... when the stock broke past $353, $352, $351 and so on no one knew where the intraday bottom would be, who knows, there is still another 2 hours to go, apple could easily break down below $345 or even $340 by the close of today. Its easy to say what you said after the fact apple bounced back.

#15     Feb 10, 2011
  6. I am not playing stock genius but was only responding to the comment about "the stock down 4 dollars it is a huge buying opportunity". I read it too quick and missed the sarcastic tone.

From my experience, a sharp drop intraday very like triggers a sharp bounce - as seen on May 6, 2010 Flash Crash and as seen today. The million dollar question is: how low is "low".

#16     Feb 10, 2011
  7. S2007S

S2007S

1-2% is not a sharp drop on a $350 stock, a 15-20% drop, now were talking....

#17     Feb 10, 2011
  8. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

You need to post more.

You are only at about an avg of 9 per day.

Lets get it up to 12 min.

EF

#18     Feb 10, 2011
  9. This is not 2008. Sharp or not sharp is a relative term. Market volatility dwindled so much that AAPL now only moves a few dollars a day, despite being a $350 stock. Dropping $10 in 10 minute, though in percentage terms may not impress you but it was sharp to me.

If you are looking for a 15-20% intraday drop on a heavily traded stock, you are only going to see such once in a few years. Good trading.

#19     Feb 10, 2011

10. +1

#20     Feb 10, 2011