AAPL - Tim Cook - Not very innovative

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by kmiklas, Sep 6, 2016.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

Mr. Cook hasn't really cooked up anything new and interesting at Apple. He's basically still riding on Jobs' initiatives. What has he done?

1. Retina screen. Nice, but not terribly innovative.
    2. iPad Mini, iPad Pro, iPhone 6/6s... really all just another play on screen sizes. Incidentally, the iPad mini was something that Jobs abhorred. He probably rolled over in his grave when it was introduced
    3. Apple Watch. Meh.
    4. Swift (programming language) for iOS? Like a JavaScript mutation of some kind.

Can anyone think of anything else? I sorta see the company stagnating a bit.

Perhaps Apple Glasses will give them a pop, but they're talking 2018 now...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

They should buy SIRI

kmiklas likes this.
  3. clacy

clacy

There really is only so far that Apple can go with phones and ipads

4. Yes, that's the consensus view.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Sirius XM would be pocket change for them, although the multiple is high... it would be well worth it. It puts them in cars through the back-door.
    Its a no brainer

6. kmiklas

kmiklas

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

I said this LONG before Cramer ever did.
    Just for the record.

Rick Munarriz is not Zandy. He can write whatever the F he wants to. If he were that good, he would not be writing over there.

8. Trader13

Trader13

Beyond the original iPod and iTunes, I wonder how much of Apple's innovation really came from the mind of Steve Jobs?

9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Macintosh

10. d08

d08

Not that much, he gets too much credit while the people who actually developed the iPhone for example got way too little credit.

#10     Sep 6, 2016