AAPL: The Death of an Uptrend

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by cactiman, Dec 15, 2012.

1. i don't think you can draw any reliable conclusions for post-expiry action on a short trading day before Xmas. jmho

I am short 505p [@6.20] and short 525c [@6.50] - wide spread [condor?]

If it sells off <510 I am going to add more 505p and if trades >530 going to sell 540c, and roll up to short 510 or 515p or maybe 520p. these are weekly options b.t.w

I cannot figure AAPL out anymore

#41     Dec 24, 2012
  2. Not drawing any conclusions, and realize it's Xmas Eve.
    Just noting a possible beginning of behavior changes for AAPL.
    When did it last go up when the averages were down?

A Condor with the top at 525?
    Might be a bit tight.
    One more day like today and that will be it.
    :)

#42     Dec 24, 2012
  3. ammo

ammo

jan 520 straddle is trading @39,so the pros give it 39 pts north or south of 520, there is a support at 521 that they are massaging at the moment, when market is at supp or res ,its the best time to put on trades with tight stop, you know right away when wrong, when right, you get the most bang for the buck,too many people listening to the ra ra ra in aapl media,stick to what you see

#43     Dec 24, 2012
  4. ammo

ammo

reduced

#44     Dec 24, 2012
  5. ammo

ammo

aapl hns,by rule, this need 's to break this neckline and then retest it before dropping again, that may be the next play,at the moment that neck is 500-497, and the res line is 521

#45     Dec 24, 2012
  6. Daring

Daring

Actually you do that a lot :)

#46     Dec 24, 2012
  7. taowave, I see earlier in this thread you bought a BWB (broken wing butterfly for those who are not options traders).

+1 450
    -3 350
    +2 250 in the Jan 14 puts..
    When did you get in, and what was the price??

I'm curious about your statement that you thought 450 would be the low. If you thought that, why did you buy this particular BWB?

#47     Dec 24, 2012
  8. Humbug.
    For the last 2 days AAPL has been stronger than the Indexes, which is the opposite of what it's been doing for quite a while, and I took note of it, that's all.

I look at price action and trends and make my bets according to what I think is the most probable outcome.
    Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong, just like everybody else.
    With AAPL this year, I was right a lot more than I was wrong.
    The jury is still out on next year's trades.

I never say I "know" what's gonna happen, or what a price will be in the future, like lots of traders on ET do.
    Right now I "think" AAPL will go back into the 600's and won't go to 400, and have bet accordingly.
    We'll see where it is next April-June.

#48     Dec 24, 2012
  9. Daring

Daring

Agree in all accounts, been reading your messages so yes, good description.

#49     Dec 24, 2012
  10. Good Trading and Happy Holidays!
    :)

#50     Dec 24, 2012