AAPL Spiking?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jun 29, 2010.

1. 4 points in a few minutes.

2. At exactly the same minute, RIMM down 1.50.

Some kind of news I assume... that benefits AAPL but bad for RIMM. Both surged in volume.

3. bespoke

bespoke

vz is going to carry iphone

4. iPhone coming to Verizon rumor...not official just a leak so far...probably started by a fund that was long AAPL and wanted to get out! :) Tanking now...

June 29 (Bloomberg) -- Verizon Wireless, the largest U.S. mobile-phone company, will start selling Apple Inc.’s iPhone next year, ending AT&T Inc.’s exclusive hold on the smartphone in the U.S., two people familiar with the plans said.

The device will be available to customers in January, according to the people, who declined to be named because the information isn’t public. Brenda Raney, a spokeswoman for Verizon Wireless, did not immediately return a call seeking comment. Natalie Kerris, an Apple spokeswoman, and Peter Thonis, a Verizon Communications Inc. spokesman, declined to comment.

5. Didn't stop AAPL from falling to day low... 254 and change.

I shorted the spike. Just regret not holding longer. I usually don't like to hold the spike fade for too long, in the event of some real moves.