AAPL put paid off at 5-1 today

Discussion in 'Options' started by stock777, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Shortly before the close today you could have bought a 250 put for about 20 cents.

Went out at $1.

Sweeeet.

2. exaltedangel09

exaltedangel09 Guest

What are you talking about? Options expire on the 20th.

3. That AAPL is begining to look nicely overpriced......

4. He was obviously referring to the weekly AAPL options, which expired on August 13: AAPL100813P00250000

5. rew

rew

It's easy to find, after the fact, short duration options that have doubled, tripled, quadrupled, quintupled, or sextupled in value in a day or two. So what? It's also easy to find, after the fact, people who made a million times gain by buying a lottery ticket.

6. I was actually watching it realtime , though I did not buy it.

The question was , in the last HALF hour , the pin effect. If you thought the market would sell off hard, then this was a great trade, as AAPL was having trouble staying above 250.

This is kind of stuff you see posted by so called gurus three weeks after the fact as easy trades.

I only post real shit, so dont mistake it for the half witted bluster normally found on this board.

I used to post highly accurate real time calls but have disbanded that effort. Note half the clowns here don't even know there are weeklies, though its now old news.

7. exaltedangel09

exaltedangel09 Guest

Right because knowledge of weekly options existence is correlated to profitability.
    I guess those 10,000 posts of yours weren't about trading.
    LMAO.

8. Yes, you only post "real shit" in hindsight. Do your parents know you're retarded?

9. 1) On a percentage basis, it's "impressive".
    2) On an arithmetic basis, it's "lame".
    3) Nobody in their right mind will allocate a big chunk of their trading account to "tinies" and "teenies". :cool:

#10     Aug 17, 2010