AAPL lowers Q2 #'s

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Jan 17, 2007.

1. So who bought at the high AH? :D

It's down only a little AH. This may be a bear trap.

#11     Jan 17, 2007
  2. Right..so if it closes ( is it 6pm EST ? ) at 94 we gap down... but what happens to all the shares traded up in the high 90s? They are never reflected in the chart or in the daily data ? They just disappear from the record ?

Ive watched after hours trading before and never seen such a wild swing as Im seeing on AAPL

Sorry to thread jack...

#12     Jan 17, 2007
  3. I hate after hours trading. Yoiu never really know where the stock is headed until the big boys come in tomorrow.

#13     Jan 17, 2007
  4. I think it's odd the sales they have. 95% of the computers are PC's and apple doesn't have the edge in graphics anymore. Why spend $1000 on a computer that only has 5% of the market?

When the iPod, iPhone and other i novelties wears off AAPL will be down to $50.00 or less.

#14     Jan 17, 2007
  5. Ok, let's say the stock trades one dollar below the close of the day, but there is no buying or selling pressure before the open tomorrow, or if there is buying or selling pressure lets assume they are equal.

If the above is the case the stock will open at the closing price of after hours trading.

If there are more buyers before the open than sellers it will open somewhere inbetween and the after hours trading will be the low of the day after the first share is traded.

#15     Jan 17, 2007
  6. JORGE

JORGE

If you pull up shorter term charts (i.e. 60 min) the after hours trades will be reflected. For a recent example, compare the daily chart to an hourly chart for RIMM on Dec 21.

#16     Jan 17, 2007
  7. It may just get pinned at 95 so the straddle longs will die a slow death till expiration. :D

#17     Jan 17, 2007
  8. Like RIMM a couple of weeks ago.

#18     Jan 17, 2007
  9. $93.40.

It's going down, down, down.

Clearly bearish for the markets.

#19     Jan 17, 2007
  10. I agree with byLo. Just look at a daily chart for aapl.. looking on a 60 min chart, support doesn't seem to be anywhere near until 92 - 92.50 . A good short probably. Here is a 60 min chart showing what I think is a support level for aapl.

#20     Jan 17, 2007