AAPL looks flash crashy today.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by blox87, Sep 28, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm with you on this hajimow. Take a look at AAPL on the DAILY. We have a hanging man. BEARISH!!!!:eek:

Since AAPL is the 2nd largest US equity behind XOM, I believe that to be a VERY strong signal of a possible trend reversal.

The Japanese say that when they see a hanging man at the top of a trend, they don't wait for confirmation. They either sell, or go short.

This is a CLASSIC hanging man on the AAPL daily, and like the Japanese I am not waiting for confirmation. Going to cash, and getting the short watch list pulled up.

Good trading to you guys.:)

#11     Sep 28, 2010
  2. hajimow

hajimow

Now every company has its own IPAD. Samsung, DELL, Toshiba, RIM,......
    I can see that Driod is becoming a competitor for Iphone. It is just enough Apple's sales be flat and the stock will drop $60.

#12     Sep 28, 2010
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Here's a pretty chart:) from freestockcharts. (Gotta love their clarity when posting a pic)

This one is a STRONG signal, and I'm with hajimow on the AAPL short. Probably going to short many others too.

Ride the wave...

#13     Sep 28, 2010
  4. businessstaxes

businessstaxes Guest

15 billion paper loss.

#14     Sep 28, 2010
  5. hajimow

hajimow

Some stocks are bloated for no reason. Also some quality stocks that are also at their high. Market will pull back and everything will go down and then quality stocks will be buys but no stock in my list is a buy now.

#15     Sep 28, 2010
  6. I was surprised to see such a large move on such a seemingly weak rumor. Guess the buyers were exhausted due the recent near $60 rally and thats why there was such a large reaction.

#16     Sep 28, 2010
  7. I heard all this same nonsense when the stock was at 240 and people said short and it ran up again. I'm not saying that it will go higher, but I am on the bullish side. There are always the naysayers in apple and the shorts have gotten crushed in the stock for a while. In my opinion apple is not a stock you can trade based on technicals alone, and i've traded apple for years. but if you want to jump in front of the train go right ahead. Everyone wants to be a hero when it comes to apple going down.

#17     Sep 28, 2010
  8. CEO_STI

CEO_STI

Best way to play it with little risk is buying put options. Anybody with me?

#18     Sep 28, 2010
  9. hajimow

hajimow

Only for liquid options which have very low slippage. Definitely Apple's options are liquid. I am not trading apple. I am trading other semiconductor stocks (TXN, ADI, LLTC, XLNX, ALTR,...). Also SMH

#19     Sep 28, 2010
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm not going to get rich on an AAPL short, that's for sure. One thing I'll note is an AAPL pullback may be a proxy for other shorts I'm looking at.

AAPL is the 2nd largest US equity behind XOM...

#20     Sep 28, 2010