aapl is killing me

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by krazykarl, Apr 24, 2006.

1. thirst

thirst

lol how can u be short term bearish on AAPL, which is exhibiting such technical strength? I think I have discovered your formula, stand in front of all fast moving trains =). I don't understand why you keep fighting the trend. The trend is your friend, my friend.

#21     May 2, 2006
  2. I want an Ipod but i dont have an ipod. Not that i cant afford it, im just one of those cheap people who hopes that you will be able to buy ipods at walmart in a few years for 5 bucks. But whenever i walk by them at best buy, im always very tempted to buy one. If prices do hit 99 bucks im pretty sure i would end up buying one though.

#22     May 2, 2006
  3. ja, me too....will prolly grab 1 of 'em soon; bet 100s of thousands of people out there like me and previous op..ipod new walkman: ain't gonna fall out of favor anytime soon.

#23     May 2, 2006
  4. all companies that make things have this problem - that's why they keep evolving their products so people have to buy the new versions...

#24     May 2, 2006
  5. Wrote this on 3/30/06

Quick Summary: Apple Computer (AAPL $62.75 3/30/06). Apple bottomed in April 2003 at $6+ after declining from $37+ in the spring of 2000 ... The recent high of $86+ appears to have ended Primary wave V and thus the bullish cycle ... Currently, it appears Apple is trying to bottom in here as it ends its first decline labeled wave A. There is support at the EW pivots $59.01 and then $54.17. From this low, it should rally retracing part of the initial wave A decline. The EW resistance pivots overhead appear at $68.04, $73.00 and $76.60.

It's in wave c, of its bear market B wave countrend rally now.
    See chart

#25     May 2, 2006
  6. My latest brainiac estimation is short term sell. Back to mid 60's over the next week or so.

#26     May 3, 2006
  7. nassau

nassau

agree aapl looks dangerous here re long positions..
    we are waiting until pullback into mid60's
    monday's court ruling will also decide what direction aapl will go until options expiry..
    I believe we will see shorts increase positions with longs exiting with profit for safety and reentering next wk after court ruling.
    we are watching carefully as could be a great op for a quick option trade in may

w

#27     May 3, 2006
  8. gangof4

gangof4

not sure where the above mentioned 73 matters- it spiked there in late feb but always closed below 72. the action is all @ 72. so far, every time it gets there, selling comes in like a f-ing hammer.

to me, this is a classic straddle type play. if it breaks thru 72, should bolt to 75 in short order. 70.20 seems kinda important, breaking below 69= mid 60's as i read it.

it's an easier play on the upside to me- since, if we break hard thru 72, to a 3 month high, it should run- bet there are a lot of technicians (me) watching this very closely. it's been vacillating 70-72, makes it harder to know if you're right playing short.

i thought for sure it was going to fail @ 72. but, after the past 3 days, i have no clue. easier to wait and pounce on it when it moves. my take, for what it's worth.

#28     May 3, 2006
  9. Agreed yes. Too hard to call it now. Tons of volume at this current price level (seen on VAP indicator on chart). A key level for sure

#29     May 3, 2006