aapl is killing me

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by krazykarl, Apr 24, 2006.

1. WD40

WD40

Often I would try to ask myself these questions:
    1. There are three kinds of people in the market, who am I?
    a) big money (funds, etc.)
    b) retail winners
    c) retail losers
    2. if there were people buying AAPL, who would they be?
    3. if there were people selling AAPL, who would they be?

I think the big moneys are still in the game. They are there for the long haul. You can see the price bounced off the 200DMA on Mar 29, and again, bounced off the 50DMA today. Until they have came off these MA, I am in no hurry to bet against the biggies.

#11     Apr 27, 2006
  2. are u talking about as a trade, or an investment?

as an investment, i've had it for years, and buy all the dips, pare off on the pops

screw the charts. one word: steve jobs.

in the case of AAPL, the buy was in the 59 level, though when it had triple confluence - support, 200 sma, and fib retrace

hth

#12     Apr 27, 2006
  3. Trading with a 7 handle again.

#13     Apr 28, 2006
  4. like i said, with a stock like this - SCREW the charts.

58.33 was a phenomenal buying opportunity

to get this stock at that price was a frigging steal. i don't care what the charts said.

that's the problem with using SOLELY TA in my opinion.

works fine, to some extent, for many stocks, but u lose out on so many phenomenal buying opps like AAPL after that massive selloff. stocks like this - REAL COMPANIES - with a real story. buy them on panic

when a GOOD company sells off for no reason, or a stupid reason - BUY PANIC

sell EUPHORIA

hth

#14     Apr 28, 2006
  5. thirst

thirst

AAPL doesn't look bearish to me at all. It looks to be forming the right shoulder of an inverse head and shoulder and should blast back into the 80s soon. It completed a 50% retracmenet of the run from 58-72 at 65, and seemed to base there and start rallying again. The huge volume in early april, i was actually trading it at time, but not now, should have hinted at a intermediate bottom.

#15     May 1, 2006
  6. earnings were not bad; sales of ipod beaten expectation..their own also; aapl behave as thought months ago on report'n'now just hangin' 'round if not slowly tryin' to get [n'stay] above $70.
    cautious buy imo.

#16     May 1, 2006
  7. Stay long for now but it might turn bearish here around 73.

#17     May 2, 2006
  8. I think Apple's stock will recoop ONLY if they can launch a phone that can continue their ipod success,

To me, everyone who wants an Ipod, has an Ipod.

Ciao!

Stacy

#18     May 2, 2006
  9. AAPL has steve jobs

phenomenal mgmt

and cult status among users

the smart money buys aapl on bad news

regardless of what the chart says

but it on the next "badnews"

#19     May 2, 2006
  10. hajimow

hajimow

I am short term bearish on AAPL. I believe it will hover around 67.5 on May option expiry day.

#20     May 2, 2006