AAPL - iPad3 - March 7 - Buy the rumour, sell the news.

Discussion in 'Options' started by ForexForex, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Yes I would think so. How much longer can faster processor, better camera, more apps, longer battery life, slimer design, etc. be sold to the public?

Your brief post is buried deep in a forum I rarely visit. Both set-ups are based on the common well-known strategy of "Buy the rumour, sell the news".

:)

#11     Mar 4, 2012
  2. There is no rumour. The rumour is gone. It's been known for at least a couple of weeks exactly what Apple will announce.

The only possible surprise here is an upside one, if they've managed to keep something seriously sexy a secret.

#12     Mar 4, 2012
  3. Do you have a link? I can't find any official details with specs on the iPad3, including it's name. The Apple Store only has info on the iPad2 and unless the news comes from Apple it's all rumours.

Yes there is always a possibility of some unexpected news to push AAPL higher, and it could be non-related to the iPad3. In my opinion iPad3 isn't enough.

#13     Mar 4, 2012
  4. iCorrection/iMini crash

#14     Mar 5, 2012
  5. tango29

tango29

I am starting to work into a position a little at a time for the announcement. AAPL traders love to pump the day of, even though the idea has been out there for a month or two more. Earnings are the same with AAPL. My worry is things may change without Steve Jobs. I will have to adjust, but previous with Jobs it was money in the bank with the phony baloney the company put out. Nothing better and I encourage everyone to look for these opportunites.
    The pull back has started, and so I add.

#15     Mar 5, 2012
  6. Apple down $19.

Here's something else: I remember yesterday it was reported the IPad2 was selling at deep discounts on Ebay in anticipation of the IPad3.

This extremely rapid melt in the value of Apple products (like losing $5000 when you drove a Cadillac off the lot), can not be good for average consumers.

As I think about this, it seems we should be hearing more about this.

#16     Mar 5, 2012
  7. Technology products devalue faster than an old Hamburger from Mikkey D's

Once version 2.o 3.0 x.00 come out you can kiss the value of your current version goodbye. This goes for phones, computers, videogames, you name it.

#17     Mar 5, 2012
  8. You're not going to get an "official" link until the "official" announcement.

Doesn't mean we dont already know it has a Retina Display, faster processor, faster GPU, and is almost identical in size and shape to the iPad2.

Even iOS 6 is now out in the wild.

#18     Mar 5, 2012
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

it means that more people will be lining up to buy Ipad3 and the circle of life continues. Ipad2's in the landfill with Ipad1s and Ipad3's flying off the shelves.

#19     Mar 5, 2012
  10. Once again that's not news. That all comes up by Googling "iPad3" and of course the specs would be an improvement over it's predecessor the iPad2, like all tech gadgets.

RE: "almost identical in size and shape to the iPad2" ...... I found some info that stated that the iPad3 - or whatever the name will be - will be slightly thicker than the iPad2, but it will be tapered more at the edges to give it a "thinner" feel.

http://bostinno.com/2012/03/05/ipad...os-home-button-ipad-3-and-ios-6-images-video/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MzxxqCy7hHQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#20     Mar 5, 2012