AAPL : Institutions driving down price today to get in cheap before MacWorld !!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jimmygold, Jan 3, 2007.

1. 9:42am - "Well today, we're introducing THREE revolutionary new products. The first one is a widescreen ipod with touch controls" The crowd goes wild. "The second is a revolutinoary new mobile phone."

9:43am - "And the third is a breakthrough internet communications device." Tepid response on that last one, but he almost got a standing ovation on the phone.
    "An iPod, a phone, an internet mobile communicator. An iPod, a phone, an internet mobile communicator.... these are NOT three separate devices!"

"And we are calling it iPhone!"

#21     Jan 9, 2007
  2. Please stop shorting into this thing guys.

#22     Jan 9, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I think that whole options scandal thing was to drive the price lower on purpose, I took advantage of the decline and bought around 80 only to see that the next day the option scandal was even worse, it dropped to 77 and since than has gone straight up. I sold around 78.50, I could have made a wonderful profit on it but when news about a CEO departure and options scandal is mentioned every 5 minuts you want to get the hell out. The tricks they play...

#23     Jan 9, 2007
  4. What happened to the CSCO iPhone?

#24     Jan 9, 2007
  5. Apple probably bought the name off CSCO. My guess is as good as anyone's. Either way, they are making a phone that make its stock flying...

#25     Jan 9, 2007
  6. Tums

Tums

you did that again?

#26     Jan 9, 2007
  7. iPhone still on linksys website.. how is jobs gonna get around this one..?

the 3mil shares sold at 12:20 almost made go cash out!

#27     Jan 9, 2007

8. CONGRATS!!! You sir have the "trade of the month" award on ET.

:D :cool: :p :)

#28     Jan 9, 2007
  9. looking at the live coverage of macworld.. very impressive.. if they implemented the multi touch screen correctly (like that multi touch screen demo from MIT).. apple might take a huge chunk of the phone / pda market with one product.

#29     Jan 9, 2007
  10. I agree. This thing looks extremely promising - a bit pricey, but with all the innovative ideas being put into a smartphone with so much cultural appeal, this thing could be big.

#30     Jan 9, 2007