AAPL : Institutions driving down price today to get in cheap before MacWorld !!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jimmygold, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Artie21

Artie21

I think it is has passed the time test for fad.

#11     Jan 7, 2007
  2. bgp

bgp

WHAT ! FADS CANT LAST 1-2 YRS ? its OVER !

peace be with you,
    bgp

#12     Jan 7, 2007
  3. blast19

blast19

It's outlasted "fad" status...but it did introduce a new tech to the mainstream. Not everyone is image conscious and Apple is going to start slipping with mp3 players me thinks.

The real rush to have them ended this holiday season and Apple's stock should come out of orbit a little as growth cools down.

It's due time and this holiday season was the first one in years when I felt that Apple wasn't the only hot item on the shelves. Not saying it wasn't hot, but I think other things are taking from it including not as famous brands with better deals.

Itunes is crappy at that and a lot of geeks who buy mp3 players are microsoft nerds and would rather buy anything than apple stuff.

I think Apple starts struggling again starting now.

They may have fared well this holiday season...but their future is looking a lot less bright to me.

#13     Jan 7, 2007
  4. S2007S

S2007S

IS the Iphone going to be huge or just hype???

I'm going to predict the "Iphone" being just a fad, im bullish on AAPL however why enter the cellphone market with an "I" phone. Oh yea its not going to be an "IPHONE" because Linksys already owns the trademark to that name. To me a cellphone is a cellphone, half these gadgets they throw on these phones are useless in my opinion. They have mp3 phones on the market already which havent had much success to begin with. Is music that important that people now need to have access to it on a cellphone. Come on.

#14     Jan 7, 2007
  5. someone mind explaining to this newbie (me) how institutions drive down prices without wasting tons of money eating up liquidity trying to drive it down?

#15     Jan 7, 2007
  6. I dont think a "fad" is something that generates over 1/2 billion dollars in just one mere quarter for net revenues.

This MACWORLD is not going to do much for the stock price, unless there is a major unexpected positive surprise of some sort. The last two apple conferences did not move the stock at all, in fact it sold off on one. There was one a year ago that caught everyone with their pants down because of new killer product releases and the stock surged intraday by $5

The iphone has already been confirmed a delay. The real moving news will be the following week with earnings. If they beat estimates & give good guidance for this upcoming year & are continuing to crack PC marketshare, the growth story will continue. By the way, Apple's current share price did not get here soley based on ipods.

#16     Jan 7, 2007
  7. cvds16

cvds16

It's just simply a myth by a newbie who doesn't know what he is talking about

#17     Jan 7, 2007
  8. asap

asap

:D

#18     Jan 7, 2007
  9. asap

asap

Actually I heard they will name it iFad to avoid further lawsuits on intellectual property allegations by reckless competitors.

#19     Jan 7, 2007
  10. Tums

Tums