AAPL has bottomed

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by fareastcoast, Apr 4, 2013.

1. zdreg

zdreg

it sounds like someone who is not only trying to limit his losses but has a high degree of confidence that any of his stop losses that are hit constitute a change of direction. to me for both conditions to exist at the same time is an unlikely scenario.

#31     Apr 22, 2013
  2. riddler

riddler

I think Apple missed and lowers guidence. However, there will be a short squueze based on the sharp sell off we already had and analysts defending the stock. Be careful shorting here.
    They will search for a reason to buy the stock even though i think the high growth story is gone.

#32     Apr 22, 2013
  3. A lot of dumb money is betting on an upside surprise today. I have no position and will wait for the shitstorm to pass. Looking the option prices, people are expecting this to move 5-10% one way or another....

#33     Apr 23, 2013
  4. It is still bearish. Most of the technical indicators are bearish:

AAPL analysis

We still have to wait, we still did not see strong panic selling - strong bearish volume to the price downside - which would mark that big guys are starting to buy from desperate traders who still holds this stock.

#34     Apr 23, 2013
  5. dhpar

dhpar

it is possible. but i bought some at below 420 right now. :)

i am happy with the dividend yield (3%) and the $100B backstop buyback for the next 2.5 years. it makes it a good long term hold for my investment portfolio.

if there is some last flush of "traders" you suggest i will gladly buy more but imo it is not certain at all in this kind of yield hungry environment...

such a big cash return (buyback + small divy) is something i was looking for for the whole past year.

#35     Apr 23, 2013
  6. It just retraced all the afterhours gains it had.

#36     Apr 23, 2013
  7. The IBM Model is the next phase for APPL. Service will become more of the basic platform going forward.

A company can only grow for so long with the dependance of another product every year. You can justify a Car as a rolling renewable purchased consumer product but over the course of the lifecycle of the APPLE product Matrix how many IPAD purchases can you justify.

As the PC declines we see more Enterprise purchases of the Ipad and more dependance on the cloud. Less reliance on hardware processing power means more sales eventually. I see the short term downside at 400-360 10% range with a longer term stabilization at 400 with a 3%- 4% dividend in between. As apple buys back stock they increase EPS even with a loan. Upside 500 easily in a year.

Once the hype dies down the reality of the APPLE fundamentals will kick in and then we have a longterm winner.
    :D

#37     Apr 23, 2013
  8. im an avid aapl hater. however i think it may finally be turning the corner. aapl made its first higher high today. buy on the next dip should be good.

#38     Apr 30, 2013
  9. With the new market entrants looking for yield APPLE is a really stable growth company. With just their Care plans they generate billions. Its like owning a luxury car. You take it back to the dealer to get fixed as long as its new. They keep you coming back.

I saw the Google glasses this morning and I kept wondering: I wonder if I could bluetooth connect that to my iPhone.

The buyback will kick in over time as the price drops here. As the summer doldrums kick in great investors will lock away their 7 -12% profits and call it a day. Would you risk your 100,000 bonus on trading for the rest of the year if you were running a portfolio?

The answer is none. I am wondering what priceline is doing since so many managers can finally take some time off and be with their family this year. 360 downside target- with upside in 12 months of 450- 500 Plus a nice dividend.

#39     Apr 30, 2013
  10. Apple did not look like a bottoming stock today?:confused:

#40     Jun 6, 2013