AAPL Earnings

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by FreakofNature, Jul 23, 2012.

AAPL Wednesday Open ?

1. AAPL up >= 5%

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. AAPL down <= 5%

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. AAPL no change, screws option players

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. I am stating the channel has been weak for the IP4S. How that's interpreted, I dunno. It's probably "in the mkt" as sales are typically weak prior to a "number" phone release. My guess is not a blowout to the upside, but anything can happen. I believe there is a floor is under the stock related to the forthcoming 5 and iPad Mini.

#11     Jul 23, 2012
  2. Anticipation... good point... I'm not betting on an upside surprise really

#12     Jul 23, 2012
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Watch the iphone sales, I think estimates are coming in for something around 30 million or so, a bit lower than last quarters estimates, people are waiting for the iphone 5 and on top of that I have been reading the the samsung line of smartphones is doing really, really well. The skyrocket 2 and new skyrocket 3 is selling extremely well, so I think that might be a bit of headache for apple going into tomorrow earnings. Will also have to see where tablet sales are, there are so many new players in that market that could slowly be eroding away at apples tablet sales. I know for sure the new Nexus 7 priced at $199 is all you need when it comes to buying a tablet, there is absolutely zero need to be spending any more than $250 for a tablet, the price structure in the tablet market is out of control, paying anything more than $250 is foolish....apple is playing catchup by releasing a smaller version of the ipad, which they said they would NEVER ever do, well now they are. And Amazon is now headed into making a bigger tablet due out sometime in 2012. Its going to come down to pricing in the end.

#13     Jul 24, 2012
  4. Ha. I have a nexus galaxy phone and a galaxy tablet..i love them.. I am actually speaking into the phone right now and it's posting in the forum.! Even meeting expectations will cause the stock to fall... but I'm doubtful of any big miss

#14     Jul 24, 2012
  5. The idea for me is to make money most the time with option spreads to exploit the volatility being too high.. And I'm working on putting together a strategy for he tail events as well (ratio backspreads and Calender ratios

#15     Jul 24, 2012
  6. 80-90% of the time AAPL goes up after earnings, and this super 3 yr. uptrend has a textbook Cup with Handle right at the top.
    My reading: Odds strongly in favor of more Upside.
    Certainly see no reason to close the August 600/595 Bull Put Spread I opened back in March.
    Good Luck! to everyone with their trades.
    :)

#16     Jul 24, 2012
  7. S2007S

S2007S

I think apple is going to have to come in with some really great earnings to get this market moving to the upside, todays mid day sell off is probably taking every bull for a ride. A miss by apple and tomorrow is going to look like today with another heavy market sell off.

#17     Jul 24, 2012
  8. look at the difference in opinions! haha theres no reason to be pessimistic untill they start lowering expectations or missing earnings..

#18     Jul 24, 2012
  9. AAPL can move independently as well, no?
    Doesn't need the rest of the market to go up with it.
    We'll know in a couple of hours....
    :cool:

#19     Jul 24, 2012
  10. S2007S

S2007S

26 million iphones sold, less than what was expected....

Told you that people are holding off....also samsung is catching up. The new Skyrocket is selling very well.

Apple not having a good afternoon, earnings were pretty sour.

#20     Jul 24, 2012