AAPL Earnings - Oct 18

Discussion in 'Options' started by ForexForex, Oct 11, 2011.

1. "Looks like they'll come in about $9 per share
    (for the quarter), which is well above the
    estimates. On top of that they're probably
    going to say they've already taken orders for
    about ten million of the new phone, so even
    though it's already north of $400 it should
    pop some more. (Historically during the call,
    which is broadcast live, it goes too high and
    then falls back.) $36 a share annualized on a
    $400 stock makes the P/E look low."

-the AAPL Guru

#11     Oct 13, 2011
  2. I didn't post that. Don't you know how to post a link? And that would be a link to one of MY posts on EliteTrader.

#12     Oct 13, 2011

3. iSad :( Trade still open, options expire tomorrow.

I'm still bearish for AAPL earnings. Will be buying 1 strike OTM QQQ puts on Tuesday October 18. I will also paper trade 1 strike OTM AAPL puts and compare them to the QQQ puts. As stated in my OP the QQQ options have outperformed the AAPL options during the last two Apple earnings. I expect the same results this time around.

Will update on October 18.

#13     Oct 13, 2011
  4. It sets the market tone. You can see how the market reacts to good/bad news on this glamour stock and plan according for AAPL.

#14     Oct 13, 2011
  5. It didn't last earnings, GOOG soared and AAPL was a dud. I traded both GOOG and AAPL earnings in July 2011:

GOOG July 2011 Earnings
    AAPL July 2011 Earnings

There is absolutely no correlation between GOOG and AAPL during earnings. What sort of data do you have to show that there is a correlation?

#15     Oct 13, 2011
  6. I feel there is no absolute correlation between GOOG and AAPL, but I also watch how people react / over react to earnings on GOOG. I don't give it much weight, but I still watch it.

Mind you I trade both stocks so I watch them anyway.

I'm going bullish on AAPL for earnings. I wrote 5 - 11Dec17 P 380 for $10.65 per share. If it pops after earnings I buy them back cheap. If it goes down (and I'm taking the gamble that it won't go down big time) I'll have time to repair the trade.

#16     Oct 14, 2011
  7. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

4S sucks

#17     Oct 14, 2011
  8. There was an overnight lineup for the new iPhone at the Vancouver Apple store, the line up started at about 6pm last night and some even had tents.

I'm still bearish for AAPL earnings on Tuesday and will be buying QQQ puts.

#18     Oct 14, 2011
  9. Dude you are insane why not donate the money to make a wish? your premise is more flawed than usual. I will let you figure out why. I think they are gonna blow away earnings, its pretty obvious why that is.....think!

#19     Oct 14, 2011

10. See Post #3

#20     Oct 14, 2011