AAPL earnings after the close

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Oct 21, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

A miss = $75

Beat = $105-$110.

I remember last week cramer talking about AAPL and that it was going to $110, oooops. Maybe tonight he will catch a break.

Aside from that, I think AAPL is headed down lower, even if they beat there is no way AAPL will be able to weather the downturn in this economy, I really think AAPL could drop as low as $50-$60 a share over the next 6-12 months. I dont think any tech stock will be able to keep up in this recession.

6-12 months price Target on AAPL:

$50-$60.

2. If AAPL is selling for $60 a year from now, that will put it at less than 2x cash. Would love to load the truck at those levels but I don't see how a stock representing a ginormous mountain of cash (and 0 debt) gets that cheap in a Cash Is King economic environment.

3. You should add your current position to the stocks mentioned to all your posts. Let me guess. No position in AAPL but a very 'big conviction' right?

4. Its earnings look possibly okay, but the overall economic downturn look pretty bad. It is pushing a cheaper computer that could hook people. The economy is not necessarily in a recession yet. Main street has not been hurt yet by the economy and I feel they will be able to divert most of the problems that the media is displaying. The economic indicators are actually showing more promise than what is heard.

5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

it will drop to 85.

6. its gonna surge. Sold off for no good reason.

7. S2007S

S2007S

Yep no good reason....

:p

If it jumps back to $100+ sell sell sell because its headed to $85 in the short term and $50-$60 over the next 12 months.

8. cszulc

cszulc

Just beat earnings. $1.26/share on $7.9b revenue.

Trading halted til 5pm EST. No position.

9. empee

empee

and lowered guidance and eps going forward

10. Expected to open higher. 10 point upside. QQQQ to surge, too.

#10     Oct 21, 2008