AAPL down by $5.80 at 9:05AM EST

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by skaranam, Jul 24, 2007.

1. skaranam

skaranam

What happened?

2. AT&T

3. AT&T's earnings report was very good. I don't think that was it.

4. S2007S

S2007S

Exactly ATT news knocked it down, if ATT can move AAPL down 5 bucks then a not so good earnings report could easily take it down 10-20 dollars. Dont be surprised either, the stock is only up over 40% YTD. Time to take profits....

5. jazzsax

jazzsax

Methinks it's time to sit on the PUT side of things for the earnings report.

Everyone is expecting rosy....but maybe the rosy is already priced into things.

6. Please forgive my ignorance here.

AT & T now owns cingular, which is the company that you get your Iphone plan from. So if they report great earnings, you'd think this would have a good impact on AAPL ?

After this, AAPL puts seem like a great idea. Even if they announce great earnings, I haven't seen a blue-chip gap up yet.

7. S2007S

S2007S

Tonight is AMZN, remember last time the stock jumped 20 bucks, this time its going to need to show a bit more to get it running again. I think expectations for AMZN are EXTREMELY HIGH. Any miss and AMZN is dropping to 60.

8. I just bought 100 October $65 Puts. $35k roll of the dice. I think the stock will shit itself big time by then...plan on closing the trade in the next few weeks because the time left on the Puts will keep their value relatively high.

Let the good times roll. :D

9. As for AMZN, I just went long the AUG 70 / 67.5 Put vertical for 1.00...just because I think that if there's a drop, it will easily go to at least 67.5. I figure a vert is a good way to play it with high IV options into earnings...while I'm paying a lot for the 70, at least I can sell an expensive option too...

#10     Jul 24, 2007