AAPL down 3% in this 1%+ market rally today!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Jul 13, 2010.

1. hajimow

hajimow

It is only a bad apple. Everything else is good. Even that apple is not bad. Your expectations are too high and even AApl will beat your high expectations tomorrow. Get into TXN and IBM now. Down market and they are up.

#21     Jul 19, 2010
  2. HTC came out today and said that their phones recieved 35 TIMES less complaints than the Iphone. EVen tho Jobs name dropped everyone as having dropped calls.

Also,

Stifel Nicolaus analyst Doug Reid this morning cautioned that while Apple’s (AAPL) June quarter results tomorrow could show upside at the top line, an EPS beat is less likely as “gross margin headwinds take hold.”

Reid thinks gross margins are tracking below Street estimates. “Based on evidence of ongoing component shortages and ASP erosion,” he sees gross margin for the quarter of 38.8%, below the Street at 39.5%. “We expect even a slight disappointment in gross margin to dominate over impressive revenue trends to create near-term pressure on AAPL shares,” he adds.

On the other hand, he also says that strong Mac sales could trigger higher FY 2010 and 2011 revenue estimates after the print.

Reid repeats his Buy rating on the stock, but adds that there should be more attractive entry points for the stock after earnings as investor “recalibrate downward” on gross margins.

#22     Jul 19, 2010
  3. RickLong

RickLong

I agree!

#23     Jul 19, 2010
  4. jd7419

jd7419

I read an article this weekend saying that Htc had record earnings and beat by about 20% in revenue. This might hurt apple tomorrow. Apple breaks down iphone,ipad sales so if the number doesn't hit the whisper number of iphones sold apple should tank, the daily of the stock has a head and shoulders as well. Bottom line now that apple has the second largest market cap in the US there is huge risk to the stock. That being said anyone who has traded long enough can remember the market caps of csco,qcom, jdsu back in 2000.

#24     Jul 19, 2010
  5. hajimow

hajimow

Basically he knows nothing. He is concered but says buy but not at this point but they will beat estimate but MAC sales is good but .....

I am sooo clear in my predictions.. TXN will hit $26 AH and IBM will hit $132. No ifs not buts. Pure clear.

#25     Jul 19, 2010
  6. Wow, obviously you know nothing. He says it is a buy because LONG term its going up, but there are better entry points than buying right now. However, if you do buy right now long term you will be up.

And there are no buts, he says there is a good chance their margin will be lower than expected even though revenues will be record highs. Idiot.

#26     Jul 19, 2010
  7. riddler

riddler

yeah,thats a classy way of telling clients to sell. lots of analysts issue sells using code words and phrases such as buy with a better entry ect..he obviously has a sell rating in disguise,its obvious and i applaud him for his honesty.

#27     Jul 19, 2010
  8. In a nutshell, he's saying absolutely nothing in a way that lets him say "see I was right" no matter what happens.

He's an analyst, for heavens sake.

#28     Jul 19, 2010
  9. Actually I strongly disagree. What he did say is SHORT term he believes the stock needs to drop and that catalyst for this will be missed margins.

However, he believes in the LONG term the stock will go up because they will have better control over the supply side of their business.

Henece buying now or later doesn't really make a difference except you might take more heat buying now.

Its really not that complicated

#29     Jul 20, 2010