AAPL could be in trouble

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by fantastic4, Mar 9, 2009.

1. AAPL does continue to show more strength that its peers. I'm looking for shorts when the ES hits 770, if internals are bearish, but AAPL is one I'll be passing on.

#21     Mar 13, 2009
  2. ha ha ha ET fade never fails

AAPL 200 soon

GOOG 700

#22     Mar 13, 2009
  3. With the remains of your index, can you afford even the old iPod shuffle?

Werd?

#23     Mar 13, 2009
  4. Yes, I'm looking for shorts in the low 750s on Monday.

#24     Mar 13, 2009
  5. AAPL has broken it's trendlines and is below all the falling moving averages. If the support areas are broken, I imagine we could be in for a big drop.

please, no more predictions from you for at least another month or two :D

#25     Mar 13, 2009
  6. Tide31

Tide31

Wow, you said a mouthful. This is case-in-point why it's tough to make stock picks in an open forum (Cramer). From the minute he hit send on Tuesday morning with that post, AAPL was up 14% in three days. Dow up 10% S&P up 11%

Thanks for the heads up, if I shorted on margin I'd be down 28% in a couple days. It took the hedge funds an entire year to lose this much in '08. AAPL's chart after close Monday looked like every other chart that night. I always try to look at things relative to the overall market, you know? Even relative, if I shorted AAPL then and hedged dollar-neutral, I still lost 3% or $2.49 on every share I put on from Tues AM to Thurs close.

#26     Mar 13, 2009
  7. yup, fantastic4 with the not so fantastic call :D :D :D

#27     Mar 14, 2009
  8. The PALM pre-phone will hit shelves soon & give the I-phone a run for it's money. PALM is the hottest stock I own & is projected to almost double so check it out especially if sell AAPL.

#28     Mar 14, 2009
  9. I don't remember making a short call? When did I do that? I said it was on a watchlist for a possible short, that doesn't mean short. You have to wait for confirmation, and you have to be ready to change hats on the turn of a dime.

#29     Mar 14, 2009
  10. true, you have to be a two headed snake to make money in the market..

#30     Mar 14, 2009