AAPL by Joab

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Joab, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Tums

Tums

is this a news???

http://news.com.com/2061-10799_3-6172341.html?tag=nefd.top

Apple, Beatles finally coming together?
    April 1, 2007 10:01 AM PDT

Disclaimer: This is NOT an April Fool's Day post!

The EMI Group has announced that on Monday, Apple head honcho Steve Jobs will be present as the special guest of a major press event in London that will feature an "exciting new digital offering" and a "special live performance" by an undisclosed artist.

Rumor has it, as evidenced in a BBC article, that this may be the long-anticipated announcement that after miles of red tape and trademark bickering, Apple's iTunes Store will finally be selling songs by the Beatles. The EMI Group has released Beatles singles since 1962. Currently, no Beatles songs are sold anywhere in digital form.

Want to listen in? An audio webcast of the press conference will be available at The EMI Group's Web site beginning at 1 PM London time. That's 8 a.m. in the eastern U.S., and 5 a.m. in the west. But hey, if it's potentially about the Beatles, maybe it's worth setting that alarm clock nice and early.

UPDATE: An EMI spokesman confirmed that this is not a mean April Fool's Day prank, but declined to comment on whether the Beatles have anything to do with it.

#51     Apr 1, 2007
  2. Joab

Joab

sheesh will you guys chill out lol.

I've had 4 stock trades threads and I've never seen such a bunch of willy nilly's :p

This is just a single trade relax.

Our job as traders is to calculate risk:reward, calculate were r:r becomes unacceptable and keep track of price and indicators to see IF our position is being confirmed or not.

If r:r becomes unacceptable or IF conditions change then action will be taken at the appropriate price levels.

Speculating after the trade is positioned is really silly.

Plan, execute and adjust (if/then)

:)

#52     Apr 2, 2007
  3. LOL. at least you acknowledge you have a lot to learn..

#53     Apr 2, 2007
  4. you all have nothing to worry about - yes i have a lot to learn.

i try to keep substance in my posts.

sometimes i wonder if you all are too upset about your own trading to really have a discussion?

lol

like i said, from the double top.

i want to exchange ideas with you people on this site but i sure would like to see more real substance.

whatever you want to do

check the chart!

:wtf:

#54     Apr 2, 2007
  5. if i was only long right now, i would be very concerned.

#55     Apr 2, 2007
  6. WD40

WD40

you are fast becoming an ET celebrity !

#56     Apr 2, 2007
  7. Joab

Joab

You should see me sing and dance :p

#57     Apr 2, 2007
  8. Joab

Joab

Trade Update:

5 days since we put the position on and all favorable for the trade, that being said things are far from rosy and warm with this price action.

Volatility is drying up and thats good BUT that being said resistance at this price level is far from Strong, it's there but not as strong as we would like to see at this point in the trade.

The problem is if we don't get enough of rejection (lower prices) the trade could consolidate into a flag and with low volatility that could be very dangerous for the trade.

So let's watch this closely over the next couple of days for danger signs.

Happy trading.

#58     Apr 2, 2007
  9. there is drag from the SP-500 imo - from the top it has been green machine.

#59     Apr 2, 2007
  10. WOW!

all out for a profit - have fun everyone :)

#60     Apr 3, 2007