AAPL by Joab

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Joab, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Tums

Tums

we should not diverge from the original intent -- the purpose of the Bear Call Spread is to profit from having AAPL not able to test the previous top in the next 23 days.

Whether AAPL is a long or a short, or double top, etc., is of minor consequences in this trade.

#21     Mar 31, 2007
  2. romik

romik

OK, I apologise, I commented on double top in question, I am not familiar with bear call spreads.

#22     Mar 31, 2007
  3. i am also using FA.

AAPL has an unacetable market cap to me. look at it. unaceptable.

imo

#23     Mar 31, 2007
  4. unacceptable.

sp? lol

#24     Mar 31, 2007
  5. AAPL should not, imo, be priced at 80 billion U.S. dollars.

imo.

#25     Mar 31, 2007
  6. Tums

Tums

a stock is always fairly priced at people's perceived future earning power.

:D

#26     Mar 31, 2007
  7. you gotta be kidding me. the dumb shit on ET has made me just lose interest. the only reason i'm posting is a testament to my boredom. For an education, look below. 20bil in assets, 4bil/yr in profit (at 4q rate annualized and 25bil/yr in revenues. Should not be priced at 80bil dollars? You could amortize this purchase over 20 yrs, and assuming 0 growth in earnings forward, it would pay itself off in 15 yrs (60bil/4). Most real estate can't even touch this.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/320193/000110465907006648/a07-2749_110q.htm

#27     Mar 31, 2007
  8. listen, i know i am not the one on this board with the most to offer.

i respect you all.

i am here to discuss for brainstorming ideas.

its just a trade i am working, so i actually have something to contribute, i hope...

#28     Mar 31, 2007
  9. romik

romik

Why is that? I personally have never understood FA, I am not an accountant.

I tell you what though, MACs are becoming a lot more popular due to their new home range like MAC mini, hell, I never thought I would own a MAC, I now have a MACbook PRO, I still use a PC though. There is also an issue of the iPhone & Itunes subscriptions keep growing, they will try & get a larger market share in the pro video/audio fields shortly, iPod is the most popular player still. And I think there is that feeling in the air that MACs are back :)

#29     Mar 31, 2007
  10. because of that relative market cap to other key companies that i compare it to. :wtf:

#30     Mar 31, 2007