aapl before earnings...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jsv416, Jul 18, 2008.

1. The last earnings report was a sand bag causing a drop. This may be the "blowout" with a robust outlook for 3rd.

#11     Jul 20, 2008
  2. jsv416

jsv416

All good info, thanks. Fwiw, I am long sep 180 calls... risky play I know, given the environment.

#12     Jul 21, 2008
  3. 10 Strong Buy
    16 Buy
    5 Hold
    0 Underperform
    0 Sell

Everyone and their mother knows about this stock and its performance.

Time to sell.....

#13     Jul 21, 2008
  4. Selling out is not a good thing. Just means you lose a sale when the next person walks in and asks for the product.

Sandbag? Get a grip... not all of their earnings come from the iPhone.

You have been stung by the Apple marketing bug.

#14     Jul 21, 2008

5. What're you talking about "You have been stung by the Apple marketing bug"?

I am not long or short Apple and just commented that I haven't the faintest idea of where this stock is headed.

By "sandbag", I meant the usual fashion in which Apple's guidance is typically conservative.

Where did I say all Apple's earnings come from the iPhone???

I have no position and no bias for or against this stock. But your post makes it clear you're bearish, but calm down. Not everybody is out to get you.

#15     Jul 21, 2008
  6. We shall see very soon. I was just thinking about RIMM's absolute bomber recently. AAPL may be taking some market share.

#16     Jul 21, 2008
  7. gobar

gobar

#17     Jul 21, 2008
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

I planned to day trade AAPL AUG $180 calls today. If I was planning to keep the trade in play thru earnings, I'd make sure I was willing to lose the premium, or I'd sell part of the position prior to earnings. I'm making an assumption the stock will move up significantly today after the selloff Fri.

#18     Jul 21, 2008
  9. jsv416

jsv416

My take on aapl at this moment...

Since goog reported aapl has sold off pretty hard. All those that thought goog and aapl were surefire beats are now getting out of aapl because they aint so sure anymore after goog reported. The market expectation now is that nobody is quite sure and does not want to take the risk, therefor the recent selling... only way aapl gaps down hard is if it misses or lowers guidance. If it comes in in-line and with decent guidance I think we get a bounce. Of course this is my opinion and I could be totally off base... I am still long.. willing to take the risk.

#19     Jul 21, 2008
  10. NoDoji

NoDoji

If a loss is acceptable, why not? Haven't yet gone long today, I always wait for 5 3-min bars on the chart and that was the end of that early morning plan :eek:

#20     Jul 21, 2008