AAPL, annoying $542.80 print

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by r-in, Mar 23, 2012.

1. r-in

r-in

Anyone else get an annoying $542.80 print on their charts for AAPL?

2. lwlee

lwlee

They halted the stock because of it.

Interesting that you can circuit-break a stock that way, someone might try to manipulate another stock in the future.

3. r-in

r-in

I've seen it before, but not usually in a stock like AAPL. I just caught the news that it was halted. Glad I don't have to figure out a position. Normally the little guy gets screwed in these situations. Options didn't move, so I figured something was wrong. Interesting if a real explanation is given or some pile of crap.

4. I have a few AAPL options.

5. r-in

r-in

Interestingly, Schwab was giving new price prints before IB. I find that interesting, and another annoyance. Never got a message from either that trading was halted in AAPL. SHowing price discepancy between the two also. Who do I call and ask what the hel is going on? Sucks being retail some days.

6. Don't waste your time or effort.

7. lwlee

lwlee

The red bar alert came up on IB for Apple. Also the quote showed the price + "H" next to it.

8. r-in

r-in

Didn't see red bar, but did see H...and admit ignorance. What does H mean? I had no other alerts so would like to know if I missed something in my reading on the platform.
    Thanks

9. lwlee

lwlee

Guessing H for (H)alt

10. r-in

r-in

Ok, hard to argue that it doesn't make sense, and maybe I missed that in the system info. , but the lack of notification is annoying. Lack of system note, beyond just a "H" in my favorites list.

#10     Mar 23, 2012