AAPL - Analysis - 16 Apr 2019 - SHORT

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by kmiklas, Apr 16, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

WHAT? You want broad market participation with AS HIGH a correlation as possible. WTF is this remedial markets 099?

s'ok.

#51     Apr 16, 2019
  2. maxinger

maxinger

_____________ I said _____________
    Look at its monthly chart. You can see how bullish it is.

Definitely if you do day trading, there are opportunities to short as and when the chart says so.

my comment looks great !!
    sept 18 is not the time to short AAPL.
    on Nov 18, APPL broke the trend line. swing traders could have shorted it.

#52     Apr 16, 2019
  3. destriero

destriero

I think you're a solid dude, but the response above is textbook cognitive dissonance:

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/the-spx-has-hit-a-cyclical-top.325108/#post-4729997

So shorting AAPL at 218 was not the correct play?

Your comment was questioning the SPX short.

This is why you're not profitable.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    #53     Apr 16, 2019
  4. qlai

qlai

No, I said I don't want them to be very correlated, just correlated enough to provide some hedge. I assume that if APPL goes down hard, SPY will be pulled down less than DOW.
    You new here?

#54     Apr 16, 2019
  5. destriero

destriero

You're the first idiot in history that wants an uncorrelated hedge. The first.

A D1 dispersion trade. The AAPL single as the vol/beta.

#55     Apr 16, 2019
  6. dozu888

dozu888

That is the definition of free lunch. He is implying that there is inefficiency in the market that the reward outweighs the risk and you can just pick up that alpha for free.

And I am saying there is no such thing there when you have hundreds if not thousands of analysts covering aapl.

Again. Trading is not about free lunches. I will give you 1 example. And since we are talking about aapl. And if you care to put in some effort.

The question is. What narratives did they push before aapl earning releases, say for the last 8 quarters?

What happened after these narratives. And after the earning released ?

Any similarities among these narratives?

Any exceptions to these narratives? And what happened to the price after the earning release when the narrative was an exception?

Hopefully you can get an idea what I am talking about. Why 99% of the ET content is useless. All is about the free lunch.

But if you think along the lines of these questions. Not only for aapl. But for the market in general. You will be able to tell when the pro boys are setting up a campaign. And hopefully you can join them for the big feast dinner.

#56     Apr 16, 2019
  7. Apple’s future does not seem very bright for the following reasons:

1) They don’t seem responsive to customers wants as shown by their refusal to update their smallest phone that is attractive for its lower price point, durability, and ease of carry.

2) They are a consumer technology company that seems to be falling behind through slow non phone product upgrade cycles and their inflexable choice in using small camera sensors. Cameraphones are increasingly being used by prosumers, semi pros, and even a professional photographer such as Ken Rockwell. There is only so much Apple’s tine camera sensor can do in dynamic range, color depth, and low light performance when compared to larger sensor competitors such as Huawei or Samsung.

3) Quality control issues including hardware and software do no befit a premium product. From continued keyboard issues, to stupid software decisions (since corrected), and failure to sllep issues are likely to start to negatively affecting Apple’s reputation.

Apple still has responsive customer service, but most people just want their product work reliably without issues and not see how good Apple’s customer service is.

So destriero says Apple’s IV is low. Hmmm. Maybe it is time to start conservatively nibbling on some Apple out of the money calendar put spreads using a strike and expirations that produces a slightly overall positive theta position.

#57     Apr 17, 2019
  8. dozu888

dozu888

WADR this is still looking for the free lunch that doesn’t exist

You are basically saying that your analysis of the public information is better than the market’s analysis. Therefore there is a free alpha to be picked up

If you really want to play aapl. Read my post above regarding the past 8 quarters. That’s what profitable trading is like.

No looking for free lunch. But watch what the pro boys are doing. And when they are ready to have a feast dinner, you join the party, by using your intelligence to read their intention.

#58     Apr 17, 2019
  9. dozu888

dozu888

Also. Since the media is controlled by my pro boys. The best analysis you can do with the information they feed you, is probably a path straight to their dinner party. As party meat on the table lol.

#59     Apr 17, 2019
    smallfil likes this.
  10. sfwind

sfwind

I have been contemplating a pair trade: long Google and short Apple. Any comments?

#60     Apr 17, 2019