AAPL - Analysis - 16 Apr 2019 - SHORT

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by kmiklas, Apr 16, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

I could recommend some ESL books. I used to donate my time teaching ESL.

#21     Apr 16, 2019
  2. dozu888

dozu888

Brilliant. Typical dumb ass American after losing an argument. How bout some foreign launguage lessons cause I can speak 5 of them. And you prolly have never traveled outside your state either.

LOL

#22     Apr 16, 2019
  3. smallfil

smallfil

The trend on AAPL is up. That is all I need to know. Also, borrowing shares to short any stock is very risky. The risk to the upside is theoretically, unlimited. I use only put options when I short any stock. My risk limited to the cost of the premium. True, there is the expiration date but, that is part of the risk you take when you buy an option.

#23     Apr 16, 2019
  4. destriero

destriero

You are fluent in gibberish. Launguage?

#24     Apr 16, 2019
  5. qlai

qlai

Almost afraid to ask, what does it mean ... Long Volatility? Anyone?

#25     Apr 16, 2019
  6. destriero

destriero

Short delta; in volatility.

#26     Apr 16, 2019
  7. Magic

Magic

Do you still view bear diagonal as the best tool for a thesis of near/intermediate term price decline?

And how do you approach risk management? Like do you allocate certain $ to the trade and let it play out no matter what or do you have indications you look for that something changed / your thesis isn’t working out?

#27     Apr 16, 2019
  8. qlai

qlai

So what do people think about below approach ... Short APPL, but long equivalent SPY? It's unlikely for APPL to significantly outperform the market on the way up, yet it's very possible to significantly underperform the market on the way down. Being short Wall Street darling outright is too risky of a trade to me. Having an opinion/research/idea is not as important as having the correct implementation of it, imho.

#28     Apr 16, 2019
    kmiklas likes this.
  9. dozu888

dozu888

here is something new for you - there is actually honor in accepting defeat gracefully... when you recognize a loss, cut the loss and move on.

lota people probably LOL'ed at the ESL thing... what merit are you arguing here... your parents came on a boat earlier than I did... brilliant.

try not to end up on my ignore pile.

lol.

#29     Apr 16, 2019
  10. dozu888

dozu888

you are looking for free lunch... it doesn't exist.

whenever you get any idea... any idea at all... ask this question first - 'perhaps other people already thought about it'?

if the answer is yes, stop right there and move on.

there is no free money in the market.

the only money is YOU - are you capable of reading other peoples cards than they yours... that's it.

basically 99% of all ET posts are worthless... because all is about 'where is the free lunch'.

the big dinner feast is right in front of you... the pro boys did what they did, if you can read cards, you will see the big turkey dinner right in front of you waiting for you to stick a fork in it.

#30     Apr 16, 2019
    smallfil likes this.