AAPL a short at $248

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by GG1972, Apr 15, 2010.

IS AAPL a short?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2010.
  1. Short

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Long

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Long but waiting for pullback

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. dont really care

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Are you out of your F@#@$$ mind shorting AAPL

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. Personal opinion on product appeal is a dumb way to trade. I like Porsches and hate Fords, but I would have lost my shirt if I'd gone long Porsche stock and short F over the last year or so.

Also, why would you pick Apple as a short, when Goldman and every financial just got raped on Friday and face a blizzard of lawsuits and regulation? Go for the trade which has multiple factors in your favour, not the hard trade where you have to time it perfectly just to eke out a 5-10% profit.

This call of the counter-trend is puzzling on a site for traders. Out of all the fucked-up businesses and vastly overpriced stocks in the world, why do you think AAPL is the "can't lose" short-sale opportunity of the year? The only thing in favour of a short is it's run up a lot. If earnings don't beat the whisper number, or guidance is bad, it could pop & drop for a little while. But that's not really a basis for a good short sale IMO.

#11     Apr 18, 2010
  2. john33

john33

I was wondering where this poll went after apple earnings announcements, hope none of those shorts were in for the gap up

#12     Apr 22, 2010