AAPL - A bloodbath in the making

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Riskmanager, Feb 20, 2005.

1. maczter

maczter

Nah. I quit worrying when Steve took the lead again.

#21     Feb 21, 2005
  2. In tough times, people spend their money on quality products. Apple products are quality products. The USA debt insures tough times for many decades to come.

#22     Feb 21, 2005
  3. There was a thread on here about shorting EBAY not long after the Iraq invasion a couple of years ago. Same "inevitability" about it. (An even more extreme version was the "Short Housing!" thread in ....2002!) I fully admit I don't know jack about what's the deal with AAPL, but if I was going to bet on it, I'd bet long and wait to be shown wrong, rather than bet short and wait to be shown wrong. (In fact, if I was still trading, THIS would be the kind of bet I'd be looking to take....the kind where they all look at you like you're from another planet and say "Here?!?!" and start a round of jokes about your insanity and iminent blow-up.)

#23     Feb 21, 2005
  4. I have been in the Apple store twice in the past two weeks. First, it was standing room only both times. Second, they had sold out of the Shuffle and the Apple employee I was listening to said they had gotten two shipments since it was introduced, and both had sold out. The guy he was talking to decided to go ahead and spend the extra money and buy an iPod.

I think you are greatly mistaken that no one will buy the shuffle. Go into your local Best Buy and ask how they are selling.

#24     Feb 21, 2005

5. thats the money call, i still see bodies in the shops too. i think Apple has always been the giant, steve just made a bad call (in hinesight) in the 80's. looking back at the chart, aaple has only really tanked inline with the market. what a wonderful ride it has been, what happens at 100 will be interesting since most historical tops before it has tanked has been an multiple of 5.

#25     Feb 21, 2005
  6. Oh my god, I can already see all the AAPL investors screaming in agony, tears being shed, bleak faces asking "Why?", rotten apples piling up like an enormous pyramid, brokers closing one margin account after the other.

It all happened before.

Adult men will cry like little babies and, worst of all, Enya will make a new song that will be played up and down the TV- and Radiochannels.

It all happened before.

And everybody will wonder: "How could it be we didn't see it come? It was all so obvious back then, and yet we held to it."

It all happened before.

Anyone remember Enron? Worldcom? South sea bubble? Tulip mania?

It all happened before.

[​IMG]

"We must distinguish between a companies business and the price people pay for it's stocks at the exchange. These are two different issues."
    - Edwards & Magee, Technical Analysis of Stock Trends

#26     Feb 21, 2005
  7. What happens when EVERY teenager has already purchased an iPod or Shuffle ? What then ?

#27     Feb 21, 2005
  8. Old As The Hills rules of wisdom;

1.) don't put all your eggs in one basket
    2.) buck the trend
    3.) sell what is showing a loss
    4.) hold what is showing a profit
    5.) don't listen to others advice

people who try to pick bottoms get dirty fingers
    people who try to pick tops get their fingers handed to them....

#28     Feb 21, 2005
  9. maczter

maczter

Easy.

Apple takes over the world. ;)

#29     Feb 21, 2005
  10. gaj

gaj

wow, i'd never have thought the weekly ADX is at 76...

maoxian.com is a good blog, has a piece on AAPL today.

also has a link to the daytrading on steroids article, which is an interesting read. (tradebot)

#30     Feb 21, 2005