AAAintheBeltway honorary 2010 NFL thread.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hello, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

I was thinking about that game as well before, but i axed it because of the sheer size of the spread, im still thinking about that game though. Its funny how decent betters seem to always come to some sort of consensus, in terms of which spreads they like, me and a buddy of mine buy a ticket together each week for 100 bucks, just so we can have some fun while we watch the games, and we almost always end up with the same spreads, and almost never end up being on opposite sides of a spread.

I wonder if this is a case like trading where 90% lose, and we should all disassociate ourselves with eachother. :D

#41     Sep 16, 2010
  2. This week 0-2

Cur Record: 0-4 (suckfest 2010)

I should do parlays against myself.

#42     Sep 20, 2010
  3. This turned into a blowout as Buffalo was again unable to do much offensively.

Anyone see the Texans/ Redskins? What a game. Nearly 1000 yards passing between the two teams, one INT, no fumbles.

#43     Sep 20, 2010
  4. Arnie

Arnie

I think the 'Skins had a total of 18 yards rushing. That won't get it done.

#44     Sep 20, 2010
  5. No it won't. Lot of discussion in the Washngton Post and fan boards today about the defensive collapse, but if they had been able to run the ball and eat some clock in the fourth quarter, Houston wouldn't have had the opportunity to come back. Of course, if they didn't get a FG blocked or made the one in OT, they win and everyone forgets the problems.

#45     Sep 20, 2010
  6. Hello

Hello

I am 0-3 for the week.

So far I on the year I am:

3-6 on my normal picks.
    and
    2-1 on my locks.

My only luck came in the fact that i waited till saturday night to place my bets, and i didnt end up getting a ticket this week, cause my guy was out of town. I dodged an all out massacre.

It has been a tough start to the season for spread betting. Who would have guessed Tampa would be 2-0, KC would be 2-0, Chicago would be 2-0, and the vikings and cowboys would be 0-2

All i can say is that i am pumped to see vick play again, i am an eagle hater, but i love watching a guy who possesses the raw talent vick does, he is one of the most exciting players in football. I will update my picks when i get a chance. The only other thing i can say is that i think Schaub has silenced the critics at this point, and proven he is one of the better QB's in football, he has one of the toughest divisions in football having to fight peyton, and i think this might be his year.

My salvation for the week came in the following play by Troy polamalu. I am a die hard steeler fan and i was praying we would go 2-2 to start before Rapelesberger made his appearance, now we have a legitimate shot at 3-1 if the defense holds up against Tampa this week. Troy Polamalu is the smartest (non quarterback) player in football.

It is back to Steeler defense now that Polamalu is back in the lineup. I will go out on a limb and say there isnt a single player (besides a QB) who makes a bigger impact in the NFL then Troy Polamalu. The numbers on the Steelers defense are staggering with Polamalu in the lineup versus him being out of the lineup. Last year there was a 10 point difference in what the defense let up when he played versus when he didnt. What are you supposed to do as a QB when a guy tackles you before you fully recieve the snap? Kerry Collins got owned. This play is better then 99% of interceptiions, and it reminded me of Ray Lewis against Sandiego last year in the playoffs when he plugged the middle on 4th down knowing what was coming. There are lots of talented players out there, but guys like Ray Lewis, or Troy Polamalu are special.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XUiFh_dMtKU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XUiFh_dMtKU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jIuMQTC1D5c?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jIuMQTC1D5c?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

#46     Sep 22, 2010
  7. Week 3

Current Record 0-4

NYJ at Mia

Line Mia -1

Pick: Mia

Comment: Miami has won back to back road home openers. That is not an easy thing to do in the NFL. The Jets are down their #1 corner and probably Edwards. I like Miami in their home opener.

SD at Sea

Line SD -5.5

Pick Sea

Comment: Seattle at home, San Diego on the road in September with Norv Turner...5.5 is a little too much.

#47     Sep 23, 2010
  8. NFL Point Spreads For Week 3 - Week Three NFL Football Point Spread - NFL Spreads 9/26 - 9/27, 2010

Date & Time Favorite Spread Underdog
    9/26 1:00 ET At NY Giants -3 Tennessee
    9/26 1:00 ET At New England -14 Buffalo
    9/26 1:00 ET At Baltimore -10.5 Cleveland
    9/26 1:00 ET Pittsburgh -2.5 At Tampa Bay
    9/26 1:00 ET Cincinnati -3 At Carolina
    9/26 1:00 ET At New Orleans -3.5 Atlanta
    9/26 1:00 ET San Francisco -3 At Kansas City
    9/26 1:00 ET At Minnesota -11.5 Detroit
    9/26 1:00 ET At Houston -3 Dallas
    9/26 4:05 ET Washington -3.5 At St. Louis
    9/26 4:05 ET Philadelphia -3 At Jacksonville
    9/26 4:15 ET Indianapolis -5.5 At Denver
    9/26 4:15 ET San Diego -5.5 At Seattle
    9/26 4:15 ET At Arizona -4.5 Oakland
    9/26 8:20 ET At Miami -2 NY Jets

Monday Night Football Point Spread

9/27 8:35 ET Green Bay -3 At Chicago

#48     Sep 23, 2010
  9. @Hello, Totally agree about Troy P and Vick. It's amazing the difference Troy makes in the Pittsburg D. He has redefined the safety position. I know Ed Reed in Baltimore has been a game changer as well, but he is more of a ball hawk. Troy is disrupting the run game, making INTs, getting sacks. The one guy on a formidable defense that you have to know where he is at all times.

On to this week's games. There are some very good matchups this week, and it should make for some quality TV time. I'm not seeing much on the betting front however. I think we can all agree that the key to making money on gambling is being very disciplined to avoid the marginal play. Hard to do however.

Several games jumped out at me.

@NYG -3 Tenn. Which Titans squad shows up? Tell me that and I can make a pick. One week they look like one of the premier smash mouth teams in the league, the next week, Vince Young is lifted in a bad home defeat. I like the Giants here, just not enough to pick them.

@NE -14 Buff. If I had to pick a game this week, I'd give the points here. Luckily, I don't have to. Buffalo gave the Pats all they wanted at Foxboro last year, but this Buffalo team has been unable to gain any traction offensively. Of course, they faced two pretty decent D's in Miami and GB. NE may not be in that category, but they get the job done and Buffalo is coming off a tough road game. Still, the Bills were not abysmal last year, and I have to think they will get better as the year unfolds and they get comfortable with a new coaching staff. Probably a mistake, but I'm avoiding this one.

@Balt -10.5 Cleve. If I had a gun at my head, this would be the second game I would pick (see above for first). Upon another look, maybe this is the first and NE the second. Cleveland will apparently be starting Seneca Wallace, a career backup. Against the fierce Ravens defense. Pretty much game over right there. Unfortunately, the new and improved Ravens have not really looked that great on offense so far. Flacco has looked a little tentative, and they have some injury issues on the O line. I'll probably regret passing on this one, but I like giving big points when the favorite has an explosive offense, which Baltimore clearly doesn't. There is also the ever present Cribbs factor with Cleveland. Guy is a threat to take it to the house any time he gets his hands on the football.

@Minn -11.5 Det. Should be an interesting game. I suppose Stafford is out for Detroit, but the Vikes are suddenly tissue thin at WR, which is a problem when you have Brett Favre and not Mike Vick under center. Why wouldn't SD take the Vike's rumored offer of a second and another conditional pick for Vincent Jackson? Sounds like a very generous offer to me. Anyway, I see the line as too big here. Minnesota is not the elite team they were last year, at least not right now. I fully expect the Vikes D line to overwhelm the Lions, and a blowout is possible, but another stagnant offensive display by the Vikes is more likely.

@Miami -2 Jets. No way I go near this game, but it should be a terrific contest. The powerful Miami ground game faces the best run defense in the conference. Will the Jets D be able to check Brandon Marshall without Revis? Will Sanchez step up for the Jets? And how great has LaDanian Tomlinson looked so far? I thought he was tank empty done last year, but I will admit I was dead wrong. Wish the Redskins had signed him instead of Larry Johnson and Willie Parker.

#49     Sep 23, 2010
  10. Slight amplification here. When I wrote that I thought the line on the Vikes was too wide, I wasn't saying take the points. My inclination in that type of situation would be to give the points, which is why I highlighted the game, but given the Vikes struggles so far, I am leery of it. You have a backup QB for Detroit in the dome, which almost certainly will mean blowout, but these Vikes are not getting it done on offense. Stack the box against AP and crowd the WRs. They don't have a downfield threat with Rice out.

#50     Sep 24, 2010