€€€Eurex€€€

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trade4succes, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Totally agree with you. Also trading Fdax and Estx50, but I just do 1-5 trades a day, but almost every day profitable.

Greetings to Poland.

#41     Jan 15, 2003
  2. x-or

x-or

That doesn't surprise me much. I don't trade the afternoon anymore because I never could make any € on ESTX when US is open.
    I only trade the early morning now.

#42     Jan 15, 2003
  3. trade4success,

How long have you been trading, how long in futures?
    No offence but if anything the first part of your thread is really funny. I wish I could trade with your nerves : "just made 2 ticks while eating. Sitting on the bid waiting to be hit!!" lol

BTW where are you from?

#43     Jan 15, 2003
  4. due to personal affaires not able to update frequently for some time, but i will keep trading.

couple of years experience trading, few months in futures. location is southern europe!

#44     Jan 17, 2003
  5. Ok, I am back, you didn't think I quit did you? ;-)

#45     Jan 20, 2003
  6. Good to hear it's funny to someone! Don't know about my nerves. I don't see points as actual money, it's more like keeping score in a game i want to win. (I am never really nervous in trading unless a position is going against me.)

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. While I have this strong conviction my trading will be allright, it also might lower my concentration levels and maybe even take trades with not perfect prospects, just to see what's happening.

On overtrading: I am slowly getting the point that on the Eurex, the paper on the bid and offer is present enough, to make a pure marketmaker's job nearly obsolete. Especially with the time/price priority.

Consequently i have to concentrate more on correlated multiple buys or sells which push the market too far one way and then take the other side.

I will still try to lower my slippage by bidding or offering if possible. I will give the position a little bit of room though to prove itself.

#46     Jan 20, 2003
  7. no eurex traders around? esx having some action at the moment, down action! wonder what's it going to do at prevous' day low, prolly break it for a tick or 3 then go back

#47     Jan 20, 2003
  8. short at 74. i hope this one finally is going to work!

#48     Jan 20, 2003
  9. while in danger of "talking my position", I must say the fact that the esx keeps pushing the prev. low level looks bearish

#49     Jan 20, 2003
  10. Franz

Franz

Why not giving bond-futures a chance?

It is not that zick zack and less hope related.

:cool:

#50     Jan 20, 2003