€€€Eurex€€€

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trade4succes, Jan 14, 2003.

1. I am off for today. Time to study hard! -13

#131     Jan 28, 2003
  2. how many trades did you make? I made only one, had a shy trigger finger today and missen some of my setups:mad:

tommorow is another day....

#132     Jan 28, 2003
  3. I think about 30. Which is not too many for me. I don't know what was wrong with me today. Besides some stupid mistakes nothing worked except the first trade. The last 20 trades were almost all losers. I wish I could finally become an adequate trader enough to make coin every day.

I think I should become even more picky in my trades and taking only those that have really a lot of potential. For some reason it is ingrained in my mind that more trades are better. The winning percentages are just too bad for that.

Good luck to you tomorrow

#133     Jan 28, 2003
  4. I agree. More trades is often not better, but it is a very fine line between overtrading and a shy trigger finger for a discretionary trader. But it depends of course on your overall strategy. The missed opportunities by undertrading at least do not cost commissions. But then again, why did I undertrade today? Maybe because of fear of giving my profit back and not thinking enough in terms of probabilities.

Although I expected a range trading day, i could not bring myself to short the test of the resistance at 2002.

Hope you have better days this week.

#134     Jan 28, 2003
  5. Funster

Funster

is definately better for me.

more trades always leads to losses.

but then I guess it is different for everyone.

I equate it to my golf swing. I know that I am more likely to hit it straight if I aim left !

#135     Jan 28, 2003
  6. Thanx for all the support! i hope this thread was good for something and I consider it closed now.

I know when something is not working and trading this way isn't. I go back to some older proven strategies now, so I can make some coin again.

I wish traders all the best in their future operations!

#136     Jan 30, 2003