a_person's debating style

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sameeh55, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Notice how a_person categorized the opposition to the state of Israel in only three categories. You cannot, as an opponent of his state be anything other than that.

It explains a lot about their fundamentalist Zionist mentality. If you hate what the state of Israel is doing then you are either an Islamo-nazis Arab, a Jew hating anti-semites or Uber-liberal anti-western idiots. That makes his life much simpler, doesn't it! Just through labels and insults in hope that it will go away Tresor. It was done by every fascist ideology and Zionism is not different.

Regards,

Sameeh

#11     Oct 30, 2009

2. Name calling is a Kabbalist tactic, like the jab in boxing. If you continue to pepper the opponent with it you come away looking like you won that round on points.

#12     Oct 30, 2009
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Of course, the jab is a far more respected part of boxing than name-calling is of discussion. Perhaps you meant that; I'd have to look up "kabbalist" to check.

#13     Oct 30, 2009
  4. Hmmm, it might be taken under consideration that when engaged in a debate, who is it we're trying to convince the audience or our opponent? Our opponent, esp. here, has already been convinced of his pov, so I'd submit that we're just cheerleading. Maybe thats what you were alluding to? I know ...I spelled Kabbalist wrong ...right?

#14     Oct 30, 2009
  5. Ricter

Ricter

I shudder to think that audiences would favor the debater who threw more insults, but I guess it would not surprise me much.

I actually do not know if you misspelled the word, or not. A term from religion?

#15     Oct 30, 2009
  6. Thats why I say, we're just cheerleading ...once your'e of a certain age and new tricks have to be force fed.

I too shudder when I try to understand the morality in aggragate
    humankind has come to.

Kabballah seems to me like what I explored when I was of high school age. That individuals could invoke their ambitions thru some sort of meta physics by chanting and text. I like the answer from the quote "...any sufficiently advanced science is indistinguishable from magic" Science should be everyones true religion.

#16     Oct 30, 2009

7. Throwing rocks again eh, now where have I seen that before?

#17     Oct 30, 2009
  8. I am starting to think that the only ones who are possessed with the "Jew" issue are the Zionists themselves.

#18     Oct 30, 2009
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Where is the antisemitic part?

#19     Oct 30, 2009
  10. nitro

nitro

This guy's an idiot.

#20     Oct 30, 2009