A Young American working in China factory

Discussion in 'Economics' started by adadadog, Oct 20, 2009.

1. I wonder if he is making 60 bucks per month like the rest of them

2. I think it is great, he is getting a great experience. He will learn some Chinese what it is like to work there and what China is really about. It is a very good thing in my opinion. Way better than collecting an unemployment check by far. When he comes back to the states I would hire him. Just moonlighting teaching English he would make much more than the average guy there so I question the story a little, but I still think it is great

3. true...and when the chinese come to take over america, he will get a great paying job translating phrases such as "you're our bitches now" and "your country is ours"

4. there's a photo of this kid where he sees the person with the camera. But my favorite part is where the author translates that banner in the background. Very truth telling indeed!

<i>
    He suddenly saw my camera, and a look of loss and bewilderment. I quickly recorded this expression.
    That expression I can only see less than a second, he did not say anything to continue doing his thing, because the pipeline can not stop, and all the workers alike. I noticed a banner hanging in the workshop,<b> "does not work hard today, tomorrow, looking for work." </b> He should know what is meant by this sentence.</i>

I used Google Translate to read the various captions under the pictures.

5. Correct translation for the banner is:

Do not work hard today, look hard for work tomorrow!:eek:

6. So much for Google's translating services! :p

7. wenzi

wenzi

Read the last sentence. He is in China to learn Chinese. He will learn Chinese much quicker there than he will in school.

8. he's one smart kid. Full immersion, perhaps pick it up faster? He's smart in that, outside of expenses, he's essentially getting paid to learn Chinese! When this bright young man is done at the Chinese Bicycle factory, I suspect he may see various job offers. Well assuming that his full immersion has allowed him to speak fluently and read/write fluently.

9. Awesome kid. He was the first one to make the move to China.

I really need to start learning Chinese.

#10     Oct 20, 2009