A word about redistribution of wealth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jonbig04, Oct 16, 2008.

1. How do you know Buffet is "on your side"? He thinks cap gains should be bumped up. I don't know what his view is on increased income taxes. Do you?

#41     Oct 16, 2008

2. Well if we are going to oversimplify tax codes, why not start with today's?, I would like to ask the dad: Would you like everyone to have a higher GPA? "Yes, he siad" Ok here's how to do it. Why not call the dean and ask her to drop Audrey's low GPA even lower by reducing it by one point and boost her daughters already high GPA by one point? Surely thats the fair way to do it? "Thats not fair at all!" I slowly smiled, winked and said gently, Welcome to the Democratic party.

#42     Oct 16, 2008
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I love that story.
    Simple yet profound.

#43     Oct 16, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

That doesn't make any sense.

#44     Oct 16, 2008
  5. My story is better!

But they are both pretty damn pointless.

#45     Oct 16, 2008
  6. Welcome to the people-who-think-critically-and don't-try-to-over-simplify-complex-problems-with lame-stories-party.

#46     Oct 16, 2008
  7. Deleted - misread last post

#47     Oct 16, 2008
  8. sho-tim

sho-tim

[​IMG]

#48     Oct 16, 2008
  9. This is supposed to be a discussion

Anyways we are getting off topic. Pabst is right generally, pensions and government spending in general is out of control. But thats not my point.

My point is what is the difference between redistributing wealth from the middle class (via higher tax rates) to the upper class (via lower tax rates) and redistributing wealth from the upper class (via higher tax rates) to the lower class (via lower tax rates).

The only difference i see is that the "lower class" I was referring to contains 90% or so of the entire US population.

#49     Oct 16, 2008
  10. The original story made a very good point.

Obama wants to take money from people who work their asses off, and give it to people that don't work at all. Yes, his "tax credits" are even available to people that do not pay taxes. He wants to give them a check!

If that isn't wealth redistribution, I do not know what is.

#50     Oct 16, 2008