A Wasted Life

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hcour, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Harold you have nailed it again.

#21     Feb 22, 2008
  2. A few weeks ago I was in a bookstore and was leafing through Richard Dawkins's The God Delusion. There was a very good quote in there, his I think, that I cannot recall verbatim. It was something like, "Most of us don't believe in all of the various gods that are being worshipped. Some of us just go one step further and don't believe in one more." Damn, that was good. :D

#22     Feb 22, 2008
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Yeah, he's comin' to get your puny ass Harry... or would it be puny hairy ass..... whatever...

Personally, I don't waste emotional or intellectual energy disliking people.... there are a lot that are on an ignore list in my head maybe, people that want me to get all involved in hate or phoney caring for that matter, and politics... wow, it's all rigged my friends but God can, and does, override it all.... dang, there are so, so many people on a big collision course with God, who they don't understand much at all, not even the church-goers have a lot of understanding of the Big Guy, not even.....

#23     Feb 22, 2008
  4. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118591&perpage=6&pagenumber=3

:confused:

Not that I believe in god, but perhaps you could explain to me how yours works and how you are not on a "big collision course" with him.

#24     Feb 22, 2008
  5. I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god
    than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible
    gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
    --Stephen F Roberts

#25     Feb 22, 2008
  6. Thanks.
    :D

#26     Feb 22, 2008
  7. When have I ever not sounded like I was smoking something?
    Wait, that didn't sound right.

Anyway, the good news is you can take my words,
    and alter them, edit them, embellish them, reduce them to sound bytes,
    and otherwise mangle them to fit what you would consider a socially acceptable, legal, and governmentally acceptable religion.

There's nothing stopping you, certainly not I, and certainly not ratboy.

Jesus

#27     Feb 23, 2008