A Wasted Life

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hcour, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Indeed. I did not endorse the Bible, rather, I translated it.
    I could also translate Harry Potter.
    Translation gives otherwise meaningless symbols some meaning relative to salvation.
    The world, everything you see must also be translated.
    Whether its a book or 'real time', its all just a hypothetical story.
    The story must be transcended, seen for what it is, and for what it is not.
    Question the themes and the premises.
    See them played out over and over again.
    Recognize the apparent cause of the story.
    Look beyond the story to a reality that is opposite the story.
    The story, any story, is a collection of thoughts.
    All of the thoughts are meaningless.
    Giving them meaning makes the story 'real', bringing the characters to 'life'.
    See the actors, and let them go.
    See that they act out for you, the director.
    These are just some guidlines along the path exiting the story.

Jesus

#11     Feb 22, 2008
  2. Mercor

Mercor

Question to I am...

How much Pot do you smoke all day?

#12     Feb 22, 2008
  3. Hello Fake Jesus

It has been a cold winter, so I hope you are keeping warm in whatever dumpster you are currently living in...

Good to see that you have found a library that will let you use its computers. You know, if you will simply wash your clothes, I am sure they would let you stay longer, and maybe get some sleep in one of their upholstered chairs. As you can understand it is difficult for them to do so now, as you probably smell of urine and dumpster trash..

Are you taking your meds? If so, why do you continue to insist that you are Jesus? You know I wonder why folks like you, don't try to impersonate more colorful people like Hitler, General Custer, Johnny Rotten or Marilyn Monroe? I think you would make a wonderful Hitler for instance.....You could buy a cheap black eyebrow pencil at a local store and paint a thin mustache on your lip...Pretty easy to do if you want some real attention...Then if you simply go lockstepping down the main street of your city with your right hand held up high yelling "Sieg Heil", I am sure you would get the recognition you really deserve.....You should try that and then post here to tell us how that worked out....

:D

#13     Feb 22, 2008
  4. hcour

hcour Guest

You know, if the real Jesus had been as deadly fucking boring and utterly banal as you are, no one would have paid him any attention and maybe we'd have one less fucked-up religion to plague the world.

H

#14     Feb 22, 2008

5. In case you hadn't noticed, there was an entire country with your notion of paradise on earth. It was called the USSR. Didn't work out all that well as I recall. Killed many multiples of whatever overblown estimates atheists dream up about religion.

Keep on believing that there is only a limited connection between cause and effect if you must, but unfortunately it will turn out for you the same way it turned out for everyone else that is so deceived.

Now I suppose someone will weigh in on how I am condemning people, like was whined about earlier on this thread. Sorry, but I feel every bit as entitled to speak the truth as you seem to feel entitled to say that religion is the plague of the world.

Good day.

#15     Feb 22, 2008
  6. This is one funny thread. Everybody is ragging on Jesus.

"What wasted lives they lead". lol

You'all sound like a bunch of hens in a senior citizen home. Bitching about this, bitchen about that. I'm not saying anything is wrong with this. Mnnnn. just got off the phone with my mother and she's ragging on every occurence for the last 70 years of her life AND telling me what all the other hens there are bitchin about too. Funny stuff. I'm gonaa hook her up with a et id. :D

#16     Feb 22, 2008
  7. its pretty hard to scare educated people with fairy tales of hell and damnation nowdays.

#17     Feb 22, 2008
  8. Thank you, thank you! For the last year or two I thought I was the only sane person on ET. I remember when Americans actually got along, regardless of political affiliations, race, religion and all that. I'm not so blind that I don't realize the plights of the persecuted over the many centuries, but I've also been around enough to know that we have a lot more in common than we have differences.

Why do we have to have so much vitriol, we are not forced to mimic talk show jerks who make money by making hate talk all the time. These stupid shows have made so many of us, many who don't even know anything about world affairs or politics, and aren't even affected by liberals or conservatives, but who think they are, get on the radio/tv and repeat extremely stupid sound bites.

Having to need a label for those other guys causes a lot of this.

c - still an independent

edit: Just read this in the HSL, Howard Schultz Life Strategies, one of many newsletters we have to subscribe to. Mostly economic and market related, but something sort of rings in the current issue, labeled Stupid.

"Stupidity or Control Freaks? The EU is proposing all 24 Euro states agree to a US/Bush/police-state type biometric monitoring system for the multi-millions of non-Europeans when crossing EU borders. STUPID? Yes, because the Bush enforced Homeland Security border system has caught zero terrorists while horrendously inconveniencing millions of its own citizens and travelers, daily."

It goes on and on, and this guy is certainly no liberal Bush hater. What he says sounds right to me. The TSA is a joke, IMO.

#18     Feb 22, 2008
  9. Real estate in hell must be one hell of an investment, eh? Hell, some folks are saying the market there is on fire, what with everyone moving in and all.

#19     Feb 22, 2008
  10. hcour

hcour Guest

Er, that's some wacky logic you're coming out with.

Which God are you peddling there, Sparky? There are several of them, you know. So there's always an absence of <i>somebody's</i> religion somewhere. So which one am I supposed to believe in to be sure I don't end up in HE-doubletoothpicks? Ummm, lemme guess - <i>Yours</i>, right?

So what's <i>your</i> God of choice? The Christian God? That loving God that nailed his son to a tree and tortured him to death? The loving God that got angry at the world and drowned everybody in a childish fit? The loving God that sends the non-believer to live in damnation for eternity, even though that person may have been born into a culture that never even <i>heard</i> of Christ?

The Christian God. What a maroon! What a cruel, vengeful God he is!

Harold

#20     Feb 22, 2008