A warning to would be Forex traders

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Joab, Jan 6, 2007.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Agreed. Good entries stretch a traders wins tremendously.

#41     Jan 8, 2007
  2. "Loose stops" is pretty vague. I always have a very specific technical point at which I would no longer want to be in a trade. If the market takes out my stop consistently that would just mean that I was not clear about why I was entering the trade and why I would want to get out. It would also mean that my entry signal is not reliable.

I guess if you just get in for the heck of it when you think the market is going one way you would need not only loose stops but you would lose most of the time anyway.

But if you kow how to identify an entry signal that works you can participate in the best moves with good risk to reward ratio and your stops will be at a specific point for a specific reason. Of couse, since most people trade on the extreme short time frame what they see is the chaos where almost all strategies are fairly unreliable and the market is fairly unpredictable.

#42     Jan 8, 2007
  3. Anyone have any thoughts on the argument that TA does not work as well in FOREX because it is open 24 hours a day? (I personally don't believe this, but I was curious what everyone thought)

#43     Mar 27, 2007
  4. The original post could not be further from the truth.

#44     Mar 28, 2007
  5. It wasn't until I opened my demo account with GFT that i realized, stocks are like a walk in the park in comparison. Down 1175.00 USD/JPY. Why the hell was I long? :eek:

#45     Mar 28, 2007
  6. virgin

virgin

exactly the opposite , I have traded all under the sun , equities,futures and forex and forex gives the cleanest patterns I have seen , logical in fact, due to the high volume

#46     Mar 28, 2007
  7. Where are your stops? I would say that breakout was very technical!

#47     Mar 28, 2007
  8. I'm talking about the dollar gain/loss that can be realized in a short amount of time due to such high leverge that's needed.

#48     Mar 28, 2007
  9. traderob

traderob

The only market that works well for me is forex.

#49     Mar 28, 2007
  10. Are you a technical trader?

#50     Mar 28, 2007