A visual aid. What scalping futures looks like.

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by trader151, Apr 28, 2007.

1. This is what scalping looks like. 12 or 13 trades in 40 min.

Here is a link to some scalping that I did today from 9:50- 10:30(german equity market close) today in the Dax . The video is 7 minutes long but it was sped up and is actually 40 minutes of trading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtJ2BZ2vCm0

The video quality and demensions are poor( I didn't realize youtube would distort the image) , I will try to fix that and post a whole day next week. The above link was all the trading I did today.

2. trader151,

Thanks for the clip.

I also scalp, Crude Oil, and when it is busy at about the same frequency as your series of trades.

I heard Dax is a great trading vehicle.
    Someone started a thread on trading HongKong with IB.
    I would be interested trading these but I would like to know how OS futures trading profits would be taxed for US traders. (I started a thread with this question but nobody responded).

Regards,

GC

3. If you are a U.S. citizen they are taxed just like any other futures contracts gains or losses, i.e. they are taxed just like your crude trading profits

4. Someone on youtube asked what the P/L was:

The answer is :

If you look at the full screen video you can see whats going on enough to make out the P/L and the contacts traded. 31 contacts a side on 12 or 13 trades. P/L was $1659.00 or 1225 euros.

5. is there any audio?

6. trader, basically you just get the 1099 form as a single P&L?

Thanks for the video, quite interesting.

7. 0008

How much have you made?

8. No, if I have time I may try to add audio to explain what I was doing and what I was looking at in other markets to make my decisions. I might do that in a video next week.

9. Hedge22

Hedge22

That would be great to see, thanks in advance if you get it done, and nice job trading.

10. cohvi

cohvi

trader151,

You scared the hell out of me. I'm developing a system to trade intraday futures and in your movie I saw a data feed speed that is extremely fast. I thought maybe my distance from the exchange or broker is the problem for the delay. But then I realized that you speed up the video.
    ffffhhhoooooooo...

#10     Apr 29, 2007