A very good method...............

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by spinn, May 16, 2006.

1. spinn

spinn

Well I do wonder why people would only post negative comments on a method I havent explained 2% of.

My problems lie in psychology, I will be the first to admit that. I have about a $2300 account and my broker requires $2000 for margin. From this I need to generate income to live as well as supplement my income from various part time jobs.

I would like to see anyone execute a method where if you are 2 minutes early you could lose 30% of your tradeable capital in 5 minutes...if not less.

Does that take away from the validity of the method, not one bit. It just means I am sacrifing a little sanity for soemthing I know works.

I know most will say I should not stay with this. I have watched probably 2000 winning trades go past me because I just about have to be perfect.

#31     May 16, 2006
  2. I dont care what system you use, no one is perfect. Understand that sometimes you will lose, its basically unavoidable (way too many variables). Once you are comfortable with this concept and you do truly have a good solid system, you should be rolling in dough in a matter of time

#32     May 16, 2006
  3. You will find that the majority of respondants will be flat out of no value. It somewhat corresponds to the failure rate of traders as a whole. SO there is 10% here who are value added to what you are trying to do.

So here's my $.02. If you are willing to spend some time figuring out how to code your construct, after coding it, you can throw it into a descent framework much like "www.collective2.com". It will allow you to put your system to work earning you capital at a rate you deam to be "fair value" whilst protecting the percieved edge logic of your trading construct. Of course, participants will require it to perform and if your confident, it will build up an interesting equity curve which then will attract participants who would be willing to pay for using the system. It does away with the whole sharing your secrets, so to speak, and generates income to build your base.

A bunch of the folks around here often see volatility that is as large as your capital base if not more, mind you that may be on a single tick... We are not in the same neighborhood so we wouldn't be able to sit down and exchange experiences. In any event, keep investing in your pursuit. The returns are more than you can imagine...

Kind Regards,
    MAK

#33     May 16, 2006
  4. Live and learn nooblette. Three years and you haven't invested anything? What little creditability you had is gone just on the basis of your past actions.

#34     May 17, 2006
  5. Cheese

Cheese

You are in a complete fantasy, Spinn. Stick with it.

It is better for you to derive your hope from your dumb fantasy, rather than learn that you are just another dime-a-dozen loser populating dreamsville.
    :)

#35     May 17, 2006
  6. spinn

spinn

Too funny......my credibility?

I am not some trust fun kid. I am 3 years into what is for most a seven year learning curve.

As for me being a loser.......definition of a loser is a punk who posts cheap shots without any hint of what is really going on.

Hope you got some satisfaction while you sit in your mothers basement staring at the Paris Hilton sex video....hoping your mother doesnt come home from work early.

#36     May 17, 2006
  7. Cheese

Cheese

Oh, more than a hint then of what you otherwise do to jack away your time.

Sweet.
    :)

#37     May 18, 2006