A UK/Ireland Traders Board?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Helenqu, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Nop!
    ADSL availability limited here, depending on your location. I'm about 3 miles too far away from the local exchange, so still using 56k modem to ISP (NTL).

#11     Aug 24, 2002
  2. Neil

Neil

Thats a shame.. we are just close enough to get isdn.. or 'HIGH SPEED' as eircom call it.. well its better than my 56k thats for sure anyway..

I wonder how many irish based traders there are really? Irishman has been disappeared.. what next I wonder.. once there were three.. now there are two!!!

And as for the UK.. well.. where are they? Down the pub I guess.. :D

Neil

#12     Aug 25, 2002
  3. Irishman

Irishman

Hi Neil , 1contract ,Helenqu , Bouds and fkeane

Sorry about the posting.

I have used this site in the past but unfortunately I did not find any benefits or anyone willing to assist someone who want's to make daytrading a full time career.So I stopped using it.I was looking for a specific website address which I had come across before,when I noticed this posting.

I would be quite happy to participate in a UK-Ireland discussion board and I have already sent an e-mail to another site that I think is more suited for the exchange of relevant trading information.

Anyone who is interested in more information can contact me at the following e-mail address mailto:dtwomey@techemail.com

This is not an advertising gimmick or anything of that nature.As you are probably aware,this is a very difficult business to get into and if likeminded individuals can exchange relevant information,it will of great assistance to themselves and any person who is serious about pursuing a fulltime career at Electronic Direct Access Trading.

Regards,

Irishman
    :)

#13     Aug 26, 2002
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I just want to make sure I understand what is being asked for here. Do you want a forum on this board dedicated specifically for traders from the UK and Ireland to discuss trading issues with each other?

I don't mind creating a new forum on the site but there has to be sufficient demand for it. The six people who have contributed to this thread is not enough.

#14     Aug 26, 2002
  5. Neil

Neil

Thats great you are back irishman.. was just a mystery as to why you actually deleted your post.. no worries anyway. I thought helen's idea was a fine one and perhaps the things you seek could have been discussed openly on this thread or another one..

It is nice to know there are other traders in ireland.. I have been trading over a year now and just met one.. ONE.. before this thread.. lol

Happy to talk about any aspect of trading but have plenty of message boards on my favs list for now.. chat away tho if you have any questions.. I was just about to reply to your previous post when it vanished!

All the best
    Neil

#15     Aug 26, 2002
  6. Neil

Neil

Hi Baron,
    I think that was the idea.. a forum dedicated for UK and Ireland traders.. but I can see your point, only six people! lol Better had say something inflammatory and then maybe fasterpussycat or someone will jump in and make it seem like sixty people! lol

I will try and think of something to say from time to time and perhaps gradually more people will arrive..

........ if we build it they will come....

or something.. thanks for noticing anyway.. :)

Neil

#16     Aug 26, 2002
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That could be true too.

#17     Aug 26, 2002
  8. Helenqu

Helenqu

Hi Baron,

Yes the idea was a board where the issues peculiar to the UK could be discussed. For example the transition from Spreadbetting to futures which I am just making, is very much an issue for us.

I do appreciate that 6 isn't enough though :)

Thanks for your attention.

#18     Aug 27, 2002
  9. Posted on another Forum, but thought some here might be interested:

#19     Aug 27, 2002
  10. Neil

Neil

How is the transition going helen? I am in switching from US stock trading into es emini trading as we speak.. am enjoying it more than stocks in fact so far.. if you want to talk about any aspect of how best to set about it let me know here.. happy to share experiences so far.

Have found some excellent and free sources of info and active futures traders that are a great deal less coy and more open than many equity traders here.. quite a breath of fresh air in some ways..

Neil

#20     Aug 27, 2002