A two party system is for people that don't have time to think about politics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Oct 17, 2016.

1. nitro

nitro

I think our two party system is a horrible choice. However, I have talked to several people and they tell me they neither have the inclination nor the time to keep up with two parties, let alone the Greeks six parties.

I say we do have a third party that makes perfect sense and doesn't require that much more thought: Independents. I agree that when you add the Green Party, and the Tea Party, and ad-infinitum, most people simply can't keep up.

But what is there to understand about an Independent? It just means you agree and disagree with both parties.

Time to elect an Independent to POTUS in 2020.

Ventura on the current system. Makes good points.

2. nitro

nitro

3. I don't follow. Why would people have to keep up with the parties? It's not like the average voter now knows much.

The role of the media is to pick the best candidate for us and then to do everything in their power to get her elected. Isn't that the whole basis for having a First Amendment?

CaptainObvious and Scataphagos like this.
  4. nitro

nitro

5. The average American voter is dumb as a box of rocks.

Goebbels was right... "people are stupid and easily manipulated". We're seeing that in SPADES in this election.

:(

6. RobRoss

RobRoss

So, you guys want a third party, right? You must watch this :
    LOL!

Zzzz1 likes this.
  7. nitro

nitro

Yeah

8. nitro

nitro

Ewpublicans and Democrats

9. Hellary likely committed all kinds of felonies... even treason.... and also likely conspiracy to commit murder. Polls have shown the majority of the populace gives their "one word description" of her as "LIAR".

Yet they'd rather elect her over some guy who has done NONE OF THAT... but said "pussy" 10 years ago when referring to the fact that many women will drop their drawers for famous, rich and/or powerful men. DUH!

Why ignore all of her crimes and still vote for Hellary? 'Cause the media brainwashed them to.

Even if one thinks of Trump as a pig.... how can anyone rationalize voting for Hellary? Blows my mind. No thinking person could vote for her. Are we REALLY that stupid?

My thought is that even if you don't like Trump, you still need to vote for him to try to keep Hellary out of the WH.

No wonder our "democracy" is doomed.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  10. nitro

nitro

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Independent presidential candidate Evan McMullin leads in Utah — new poll
    Everett Rosenfeld | @Ev_Rosenfeld
    5 Hours Ago CNBC.com

Independent presidential candidate Evan McMullin topped both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in a new Utah poll released Wednesday.

The survey, from Emerson College, showed that McMullin had 31 percent of support — while Trump had 27 percent and Clinton had 24 percent in the state. The margin of error for the poll was 3.6 percent, according to a release detailing the results.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/19/inde...te-evan-mcmullin-leads-in-utah--new-poll.html

#10     Oct 19, 2016