A truly amazing EA

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been considering if i should flatten this for the weekend? I will let it ramp up more as it is running at half speed towards the goal of doubling in 2 months. If I am to present this as claimed I need more than 6% in 5 days . Its up to me when I flatten. The longer I wait the higher the utilization of leverage. The market closes at 13:00 mst (roughly in 4 hours)

but...

$288.83 (float) aint' too shabby for 5 trading days!..especially with this much leverage left!

Es

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    #21     Oct 5, 2018
  2. Ok...I went flat for the weekend. I earned $368.85. I have a target of $625.00. Perhaps in future weeks to come I can catch up we shall see (This EA is fully capable of having a one week gain like you cannot imagine!).

Week 1 Start $5,000.00
    Week 1 End $5,368.85

#22     Oct 5, 2018
    CALLumbus likes this.
  3. Lets try and figure out what this EA is doing?

If there are no open positions (opened by the EA), two oppositely directed positions with the "Lots" initial lot are opened with a stop loss equal to "Stop Loss", while take profit is not used. Stop loss moves using trailing ("Trailing Stop" and "Trailing Step" parameters are applied).

Ok so we get a hedged opening (1 long & 1 short) with a trailing stop on each side when the EA first starts... so far so good. One position will eventually close before the other one and there will be a loss in the other one. This can take some time usually one day.

I sometimes turn the EA off to capture profit and get a restart from the beginning. So this Hedged start can be expected in beginning when I turn the EA on each time. It takes one day for the EA to find its direction. The restart is good as it restores leverage and it allows the EA to naturally find what the market IS CURRENTLY DOING.

Trailing

Position's first modification reliably moves a stop loss to a breakeven or even a small profit. The subsequent modifications of Stop Loss increase the guaranteed profit.

So the stop loss that is used when first starting this EA is a trailing stop. One of the orders will reach a profit and the other order will be in a loss...this is the nature of a hedged opening. Anyways the profitable side of the hedge will get the trailing stop loss following the positive price direction and hopefully reach breakeven or more. below are some scenarios:

Two stop loss activation options are available afterwards:

Position has closed with a loss
    In this case, we assume that the trend has reversed
    So the trailing stop on the positive side of the hedge did not get enough follow through to get to breakeven.

Open a position with an increased lot (add "Number of minimum lots" to the volume of the remaining position) in the direction opposite to the closed one. For example, the unprofitable BUY position has been closed. Then open a SELL position with an increased lot. Thus, we obtain two positions in one direction.

Rather brilliant how Urdala determines direction...ON PRICE ITSELF...LOOK MOM NO INDICATORS.
    Further on, it works only in the obtained direction:

So it pyramids

wait till the price leaves the least loss-making position by "Step" points in the loss-making direction and open a position with an increased lot (add "Number of minimum lots" to the volume of the least loss-making position) in the direction of existing positions (as you remember, we have one or several unidirectional positions). ?????

I am lost here

Position has closed with a profit (this is the position that was modified at least once)
    • 2.1. We assume that this is not a trend reversal, but a small rebound. Open a position with an increased lot in the direction of the closed one. For example, a profitable BUY position has been closed, then we open a BUY order with an increased lot. Thus, we obtain two positions in the same direction.
    • 2.2. We try to apply trailing afterwards. In any case, one of the Stop Losses will work and we will return either to p. 1 or to p. 2.
    Calculation of BUY and SELL positions, total profit on BUY and total profit on SELL, as well as searching for the least loss-making BUY and SELL position are performed within one call in the CalculateAllPositions function.

Can someone tell me what this EA does? I can't figure it out. All of this is translated from Russian.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    #23     Oct 5, 2018
  4. They say never trade something you do not understand. So any help would be appreciated...see my post above.

All I know is this EA when operated semi-automatically is the most profitable EA I have forward-tested in a decade. I would still like to know what it is doing.

There is no backtesting that could be helpful as I posted earlier, I trade this as a semi-automatic EA..I start it to establish positions and I decide when to stop it to preserve profit or limit loss. I like to start it on Mondays and turn it off on Fridays or earlier if I determine the loss or the profit warrant it.

This trades on price not smoothing...so backtesting is not needed. The ATR calculations that I do often just synch up the inputs to increased or decreased volatility in the other pairs compared to the USD/CHF. Obviously the range in the GBP/JPY is much wider than the USD/CHF. Why would you want the same stopl loss, step and nearest the same?

Restarts midstream are a good thing as the EA looks for a new direction from a staggered start point. I like to turn it off on Fridays as the weekends are closed in Forex and I limit swap cost. Any excuse for a reset is welcomed as this EA left to its own devices will ramp up to oblivion and most restarts mean that I am banking profit and reducing the unrealized to zero and starting back to all of the leverage available. Its like this EA is filling up a bucket of water and you got to turn it off before the bucket overflows losing some water.

If I forget to check the EA I have a "close all" EA running with it to close out profit which will close all the positions and cause the EA to restart with its hedged opening. It is always running on my computer and I forget about it sometimes. I should move it to a VPS soon.

ES

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    #24     Oct 5, 2018
  5. chineser

chineser

nice work but i backtest 2017 eurusd H1,the equity keeps going down .what happen?

#25     Oct 6, 2018
  6. Thank You for reading and welcome to ET.

I do not backtest, curvefit or optimize.

I manually trade the exits in a basket that represents 8 currencies. I adjust the inputs on the ATR changes. I trade the M1. I do not trade the EUR/USD with this EA.

Do you read English? I have gone to great lengths to explain the changes I made in which just one of them can make dramatic changes to the outcome. Thank You for the question as it tells me that I must get better.

ES

P.S. If you do not read English then please follow along as I will continue this thread for a while and I will try to explain better.

chineser: a derogatory term for a Chinese person who is really, really rich.

#26     Oct 6, 2018
  7. Folks!

This EA is a great opportunity for those of you that can accept that there is not a profitable "set & forget" EA available. If not, good luck on your quest. I have searched for a decade now.

This EA will give you the BEST chance for banked profit if you manage it the way I suggest.

I have modified Urdala_Trol to be semi-automatic and to be a "living" EA and to give it a logical chance to follow the markets everchanging characteristics on a 1 minute chart. I have it distributing a manually updated balanced set of inputs for its code across 8 currencies for diversification.

ES

Tools needed to operate this EA

• ATR spreadsheet.
    • Close by equity percent EA.
    • ATR Indicator.
    • Your attention to the equity balance with your goal of doubling the money in 60 days and manually limiting excessive leverage utilized by stopping & restarting the EA.
    • $5,000.00 of disposable income to invest in a dealer that has 1000:1 leverage and a residency outside of the USA.

#27     Oct 6, 2018
  8. chineser

chineser

sory i am not english speaker,not very clear about these words.i am seeking for a "set and forget and money is coming " EA haha.
    what makes me confuse is this:
    if you sell and buy the same lots at the same time.
    one will earn,but another will lose more. so how to get profit?
    i'll read your post again and try to figure out.

#28     Oct 6, 2018
  9. chineser...no no..it is quite alright. I have encouraged questions. Forex draws a lot of readers from all over the world.

Please ask your questions after review...(the language barrier might be hard for me to overcome but I will try)

ES

P.S. It places a buy and sell in the beginning and often it will end up finding direction and cancelling one of them. I have posted some questions here for someone to clear that up as I am unable to read the translated explanation of Russian.

#29     Oct 6, 2018
  10. Folks..I have a bad habit of late edits so please read and quote my posts after one hour.

ES

#30     Oct 6, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.