A true hero, the world needs more people like this.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Max E., Jun 7, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

I found it awesome how calm he was and what he did for his kids right off the bat.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qsXov2O54aM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

He was stupid f'k to chase the guy after he left the bank. His first priority should be to his kids, not playing cops and robbers.

What a f'n moron!

3. Max E.

Max E.

Indeed it was stupid to chase after him, but when you hear so many people say that they would die for their kids, and this guy actually puts his life on the line for his kids, it is refreshing in my eyes. This guy did exactly what he should have to save his kids, and i give him kudos as a good father.

Meanwhile last week some asshole dropped his daughter at a dodgers game to catch a foul ball.

<embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="id1=81558041" wmode="transparent" width="567" height="345" allowfullscreen="true" />

4. Just a warning, an upholstered chair or sofa or even a wall or door offers zero protection against a bullet. A .45 round will go through six or seven layers of sheet rock like they're paper.

5. Max E.

Max E.

You never know, if the chairs he moved in front of the kids had a piece of plywood in the front and back it still could have slowed the bullet down a ton, plus he was standing in between the gunmen and the kids behind the chair, so his body would have slowed the bullet down a ton.

What he did was basically all he could do given the situation..... He gave them as much shielding from a bullet as possible, i guess he could have told his kids to just run, but then the gunman might have thought they were going to call the cops and just opened fire on them.

In my opinion, There was nothing the dad could have done better given that set of circumstances, except that he probably shouldnt have chased the guy.

6. olias

olias

He didn't 'drop her'; he set her down. It was a split second decision. Anybody who wants to attack that guy for what he did probably has some real self-esteem issues.

7. Max E.

Max E.

He set her on a ledge where had she dropped the other way she would have dropped over 5 feet, possibly 10 feet if she rolled off that layer into the dugout.... are you kidding me?

8. I was at WMT one day and a clerk was chasing some guy out of the store (must've stole something). The Wall mart clerk stopped about 2 feet past the front door (Probably as far as he is allowed to chase someone - insurance reasons). A guy in the parking lot tackled the theif and had him on the ground and looks at the Wall Mart clerk and said something like "Are you going to do something? I caught him for you". The clerk had no clue what to do. Duh!

I don't know what happened after that nor do I care, I just looked at my kids, started laughing and we left.

9. I bet he felt stupid!