A truck driver analysis to the ES

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Anekdoten, Nov 6, 2008.

1. <i>"Today a member of Puretick contacted me and told me, Alex W., the head trader of Puretick, posted my farewell message from ET and said the reason for the farewell post was because I'm now a truck driver."</i>

No self-respecting (and successful in their field) business person would ever even consider the practice of disparaging others in public. Period, end of story, sums it all up.

Furthermore, the whole mantra of any trade room operation gathering clients by spouting all kinds of verbal trash in public to attract attention is pure, unadultered b.s.

That crap may work for Howard Stern and Jim Rome ilk, but look at their typical crowd. This is a completely different universe here when it comes to attracting quality clients who are serious about their own business success in financial markets.

There are many valid reasons to run an educational forum, not the least of which is attracting funds for managed money from a group of people who have observed some type of demonstrated success. But can you imagine trying to learn a skill set OR trust your money to outside management from someone who spends one single minute disparaging anyone else in school-boy fashion?

Not buying the "we're here to trash everyone in order to attract new clients" drivel. That ain't happening, it ain't working, period. Nor should it.

#21     Nov 6, 2008
  2. Hey Anek! Saw your rig round the bout at the Dixie interchange. What ya haulin'?! Looked like you were pushing the weight limit and feared the wrath of the staties on ya. Oh well, best to you my man.

#22     Nov 6, 2008
  3. East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
    we're gonna do what they say can't be done.
    We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
    I'm east bound, just watch ol' "Anek" run.

Keep your foot hard on the pedal. Son, never mind them brakes.
    Let it all hang out 'cause we got a run to make.
    The boys are thirsty in Atlanta and there's beer in Texarcana.
    And we'll bring it back no matter what it takes.

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',

Ol' Alex W's got them ears on and he's hot on your trail.
    He aint gonna rest 'til you're in jail.
    So you got to dodge 'im and you got to duck 'im,
    you got to keep that diesel truckin'.
    Just put that hammer down and give it hell.

I'm east bound, just watch ol' "Anekdoten" run.

#23     Nov 6, 2008
  4. interestingly, mine is 141. I suppose thats why you "suffered" and I'm not. lol.

#24     Nov 6, 2008
  5. Surdo

Surdo

Please do not bring up that Pure Dreck name, I just ate.

Anek is ok in my book!

el surdo

#25     Nov 6, 2008
  6. My IQ is negative.
    Yes I've peed blood. I suffer from chronic kidney stones. I"ve passed over 100 in the past 20 yrs.
    I like Anek! Good guy, GREAT trader!
    I'm not in his "room", but I"d like to visit to learn more about PA.
    Maybe some day.
    Ian

#26     Nov 6, 2008
  7. Wow, there is literally nothing I could say that you didn't say yourself already.

#27     Nov 6, 2008
  8. Sorry to hear about the slander -- that's just the way some people are, they can't stand to see someone succeed.

I've been (slowly) digesting AHG and really appreciate the update given in your chart analysis. I gathered from the thread the group was moving more toward support/resistance -- something I have also been working on.

Great to see how far you've gone with it.

Keep up the good work and don't let the bastards get you down!

#28     Nov 6, 2008
  9. Goes to show us that intelligence, knowledge and college degrees on the wall do not equate to good taste or wisdom...

#29     Nov 6, 2008
  10. I have read your AHG thread Anek and would like to know how and if AHG has evolved since the threads closing. You have greatly improved my trading and I thank you. It is the best thread I have read and wish there was some way I can stay informed without all of the hearsay from others.

#30     Nov 6, 2008