A Trillion Dollars and the EUR moved only this much?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by polpolik, May 10, 2010.

1. Seriously, a trillion dollar and the EUR can't hold above 1.30?

I don't think any one country or even a group of countries can fight off currency selloffs - it's been tried before. there are too many vultures out there to get scared off easily by such a move.

2. AHAHAH

wait until they change their focus to the budgetary problems in the USA. after all, california is bankrupt and its economic weight is 10X greece.

3. EUR will climb when US Indexes drop.
    Can't have US Indexes up and EUR up.

4. Lethn

Lethn

I'm trying to see when it's going to bloody drop, this is the only problem with this whole printing thing, we all know inflation is coming and the EUR/USD is going to fall but WHEN?! >_< Currently I'm thinking it will either go up a bit and drop like a rock or it will go up to the previous highs and then it will fall completely, again question is when mainly.

5. The US will come to that but for now, the economic mess in Europe is the main focus. I think this temporary shot in the arm won't last a couple of days for the Euro. It'll be back trying to punch through 1.25 soon enough.

Poor Germany, having to clean up the mess of their greedy neighbors.

6. This morning, I'm not the brightest guy, but:

Isn't the US just exporting inflation (the money printing aspect of it) whilst financing its deficits....?

Seems like Uncle Sam screwed his Uncles....

This weekend is a great example.

I have to go Euronate...

Bob's Your Uncle

7. I'm glad it wasn't just me. I was going to make the exact same thread. Something isn't right. Either portugal or spain are on the verge of collapse then and we're not hearing it. Retail equity goons must be a little lost ( more than usual) today.

8. the only conclusion one can draw is the Euro is here to stay. the scenario of collapse of the Euro as global currency is no longer realist. It can move up or down from where it is but within its historical range. in the long run, the USD looks weaker due to its highly indebted economy (both public and private), which exceeds the EU zone as a whole.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

9. If I were Uncle Ben, I'd feel sorry for them losing everything on a flophouse for me and my subprime friends. I'd send my long lost cousins of Europe some free cash that they can spend in Vegas when they visit...

Remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...

10. I would suggest you not let your nationalist view cloud reality. The Euro experiment is doomed for failure. It was since it's creation. One central bank cannot dictate the rates for multiple economies across a broad (very broad) spectrum of growth rates. Add to that stark differences in the entitlement programs in countries in the Club Med region and those in Germany, and all you have is a recipe for disaster.

Greece, Portugal, Italy and yes, your precious Spain, will all have to revert back eventually.

#10     May 10, 2010