A trend trading question

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nursebee, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Trends only exist in the past. Any thinking in this manner is sure to end in ruin.

It's the wrong way to view the market.

#21     Nov 18, 2010
  2. Surf, you just can't stay away can you?

We need to start a fund to collect donations for your ET habit rehabilitation.

What is it about this site that you are so addicted to?

Doesn't your girlfriend punish you enough?

Good thing you finally paid for your website. That little lapse of payment almost cost you. I nearly snagged it.

#22     Nov 18, 2010
  3. trends only exist in the pats, and cycles exist in the future:D

#23     Nov 18, 2010
  4. A trend [The current direction of a chart or of the price of an asset depicted on a chart. Trends can vary in length from short, to intermediate, to long term.] is a cycle [ A succession of periodically recurring oscillation tops and bottoms, attaining maximum and minimum values, returning toward each previous top or bottom value equal to the last like value, in perpetuity.]

Trends, like cycles are always present in real time on all price charts. Those trends are either bullish, bearish or consolidating but clearly recognizable if one utilizes a consistent and concrete definition to pin point the exact pivots of the cycle tops and bottoms.

Price is always moving from a cycle top to a cycle bottom or from a cycle bottom to a cycle top.

#24     Nov 19, 2010
  5. Thank you!:)

Then you`d want to find a cycle on 30min chart and trade the trend on 5min chart:D

#25     Nov 19, 2010
  6. Since each chart is read independently, why would you read the cycle on one chart and then arbitrarily apply "that" trend to an entirely different and faster incremental chart?

That would be like grabbing a road map of New York to find a route in Georgia.

#26     Nov 19, 2010
  7. Don`t go to Georgia. Its quiet a hazardous area..

"..why would you read..?"

I don`t know:confused: ..i just want to do so..

#27     Nov 19, 2010
  8. Kyoto

Kyoto

Well, it looks like trendless surfer nailed this drop in real time before the fact. What calls have you made, professor?

#28     Nov 19, 2010
  9. I know you can post coherently.
    I've read some of your previous posts.
    Had a bad week?

#29     Nov 19, 2010
  10. {ok,i`ll tell you, but don`t tell anyone...the Gul (I gave him the name Gagarin) that i feed up when he was flying to my window, once brought me a message with his beak....}

i`m not shitting here,it`s true!It was a scrap of paper in his beak...I can`t say what was in there,though..

one week not differ in the least from another..as 9:30 to 16:15 time period:)

#30     Nov 19, 2010