A trading message from Gates

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mr. Gates, Jul 11, 2008.

1. can you be more specific please

#11     Jul 11, 2008
  2. dhpar

dhpar

you have no clue what you are talking about. i do not remember time when oil stocks were as cheap as they are nowadays judged by either P/E, FCF or whatever other metric. and they still are among few that denied the market direction in the past year - therefore performed well relative to other stocks.

#12     Jul 11, 2008
  3. JOEY O

JOEY O

Although the coal sector took a substantial hit last week, the fundamentals behind the coal industry remain intact... i.e. heavily increasing demand... potential as a alternative energy source as oil hits all-tiem highs...etc.

http://www.smartmoney.com/stock-screen/index.cfm?story=20080702-opportunity-in-coal-stocks&afl=yahoo

IMO I believe this is a great time to LONG coal; my favorites being ACI, PCX, and JRCC. I definitely don't consider this a 'weakening' industry.

MOS also looks to be channeling north, and as long as it doesn't break out of the bottom, could be a profitable venture @ around $140...

#13     Jul 11, 2008
  4. This is the universe I described. clr made an all time high yesterday. The stocks I follow have high relative strength--please check. Thank you.

#14     Jul 11, 2008
  5. dhpar

dhpar

u r wasting my time - your original post was not about specific stocks at all. fortunately you have an easy name to remember...

#15     Jul 11, 2008
  6. This thread has a strange odor, could it be remmnant from Rowswanz? Any way good luck Mr. Gates, here is hoping that you do better than Rowswanz. Have you ever heard of that guy? :D

Rennick out:cool:

#16     Jul 11, 2008
  7. mos I disagree, current price short $139.75
    Coal, strong stocks agreed, jrcc @46.75, pcx @132.5

#17     Jul 11, 2008
  8. You are correct. My first post wasn't as specific as further posts in this thread. I'm sorry.

#18     Jul 11, 2008
  9. A few of these stocks i am shorting on the close. Anyone else?

#19     Jul 11, 2008
  10. cf, agu, mos look like great short plays on the close. technically extended.

Thuoghts?

#20     Jul 11, 2008